Corsair Community

Corsair Force GT SSD

jkats247

Hello to all! I currently own the Force GT 240GB SSD from Corsair and I would like to know if anyone has any success with a firmware update through the toolbox? Also, in order to update it, I have a windows PC of which I have another SSD as the native OS hard drive, would I connect the force GT to the SATA port and boot up as a slave, open the corsair toolbox and update?

Second question, this force GT goes into a MAC, should I turn on TRIM?

All comments are helpful, thank you!

Hello to all! I currently own the Force GT 240GB SSD from Corsair and I would like to know if anyone has any success with a firmware update through the toolbox? Also, in order to update it, I have a windows PC of which I have another SSD as the native OS hard drive, would I connect the force GT to the SATA port and boot up as a slave, open the corsair toolbox and update?

Second question, this force GT goes into a MAC, should I turn on TRIM?

All comments are helpful, thank you!

I have a 120GB Force GT and use the Corsair tool box version 1.20. I think they quit updating the firmware for the Force GT drives at version 5.05. As far as in a MAC I have no idea on bad Apples and trim.

Yes and no. Depends on the model, but some GTs do have higher firmware, but they're all BOM updates, not feature / bug fixes.

Great, and thank you for your response! Does it make sense to update if there is indeed a firmware update?

Also, in regards to connecting it to the Mac...

There are commands you can enter to hard code enable TRIM on a mac and then there is the TRIM enabler (3rd party software) supported to enable, does anyone know if either method is beneficial? If so, will it extend the longevity of the drive or shorten its lifespan?

I have a 120GB Force GT and use the Corsair tool box version 1.20. I think they quit updating the firmware for the Force GT drives at version 5.05. As far as in a MAC I have no idea on bad Apples and trim.

How would you update the SSD if it is your primary OS drive?

Archived