Corsair Community

Lighting Effect prior to windows

NyCShadow

Hi all,

Since upgrading to the new CUE version 2, the lighting effect doesnt turn on anymore while on my logon screen to windows. When I had the CUE version 1, the lights would be turned on while on the windows logon screen (prior to typing my password) into the computer. Is this a known issue with CUE 2 or is this expected behavior?

I have a K70 RGB, and the light comes on when I log into windows, but it doesnt turn on like it used to on CUE v1. When I sat on the logon screen (screen where you type in your password) it used to come on but now I have to fully log into the desktop in order for the light to come on.

And the lighting profile is still not lighting up?

Make sure you are in advanced mode when saving a profile effect.

If that did not help, reset the keyboard and it should restore the red+white default profile.

Unplug the keyboard, hold the ESC down while plugging it back in.

Hi Toasted, i think there is miscommunication on the problem I am reporting. My keyboard lights up AFTER i'm fully logged into windows. Prior to CUE 2, the keyboard lit up BEFORE I was logged into windows (even if I was sitting on the login screen for Windows 10). So the problem is not that my keyboard is not lighting up, its not lighting up PRIOR to being logged into Windows. Hope that clears things up.

You can only save basic, simple profiles to the K70 RGB (static colors, no gradients, etc.) It is likely the profile you save to the device cannot be displayed without CUE active. Try a simple static color scheme and re-save it. It will come during the boot process and then give way to the CUE priority on Windows load.

You can only save basic, simple profiles to the K70 RGB (static colors, no gradients, etc.) It is likely the profile you save to the device cannot be displayed without CUE active. Try a simple static color scheme and re-save it. It will come during the boot process and then give way to the CUE priority on Windows load.

Thanks c-attack that's what it was! Thanks everyone for their input.

Archived