Corsair Community

Corsair HX 650 Noise

Naldaf

Hello Everyone. I've been having problems with Corsair HX 650 Power Supply. So, let me explain first. I bought the product at the end of December, 2012. It is meant as an upgrade for my old Power Supply cause it starts to whine, sounds like a coil whine. The place i bought the PSU is Mangga Dua Mall, a very-well known place for buying computer parts in Indonesia. I also bought Corsair Carbide 500R case.

Day 1 : Rebuild my system and put them into the new Corsair Carbide 500R

Day 2 : Hearing the noise in the PSU or known as chirping noise. I've never had that noise before.

Day 3 : Contact the store in Mangga Dua Mall to replace it with a new PSU since this one is making noise. The store said it's not common that this happen.

Day 4 : the 1st replacement, still noisy. So, i tried putting my old PSU Silverstone ST56F. The Silverstone has coil whine sound but other than that my system is quiet with it installed.

2nd Week : I took the PSU back to the store and they said that it's weird and gave me same replacement. the psu still makes the very same noise.

2nd week Day 3? : i took the psu back, again to the store and they said to go straight to DIMENSI TIGA COMPUTER. Corsair's Distributor in Indonesia? After waiting for a couple minutes, they told me to come up to the 2nd floor of the office to meet Mr. B. They are very nice people and asked first what was my experience like with the PSU. After a long discussion they said "we have to do some tests, it could be bad batches. we'll put this problem as our top priority and contact you."

2nd week day 5 : 2 days passed no news so i called them. Mr. B said he had tested the new or other batch and didnt find any noise. So, i thought yes send me the new batch.

2nd week day 6 : the noise is somewhat less occurred. I got to the point where i just turn up my Corsair Vengeance 1500's volume and forget about it.

till today : the noise still exist and it's getting worse. It's a long noise and unbearable to me.

Sorry for my bad grammar. I've sent an email to DIMENSI TIGA COMPUTER regarding this situation and still waiting for a reply.

I really hope RMA is my last option since i want to avoid shipping cost. Any suggestions, comments? I'd like to hear if anyone have the same problem with this unit and how you guys solved it. An official reply would be nice too. Any reply appreciated. I love Corsair product and intend to stay that way. :)

This is the video :

Thanks for your attention, Regards.

Just an update in case anyone reading or care. I've tried to replace my GPU with NVIDIA Geforce 8800GT. I also turn off case fans and Coolermaster 212+ fans, the noise still there. Good news tho, DIMENSI TIGA COMPUTER replied to me today and they give me an option to upgrade to HX750. I'm gonna do that and hope for the best :)

Just an update in case anyone reading or care. I've tried to replace my GPU with NVIDIA Geforce 8800GT. I also turn off case fans and Coolermaster 212+ fans, the noise still there. Good news tho, DIMENSI TIGA COMPUTER replied to me today and they give me an option to upgrade to HX750. I'm gonna do that and hope for the best :)

good luck to you :biggrin:

Im going to be getting a ax860 and hopefully I wont be getting that whining sound:eek:

Archived