The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > USB Flash Drives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average. Display Modes
Old 11-07-2014, 09:20 AM

POST ID # = 740495
j1ngles Reputation: 10
Default Groundhog day

Guys,

Seem to be going round in circles here. The only issue I have is that I cannot connect wirelessly to the Voyager from my IOS devices. I can connect via wireless from my laptop or via usb/LAN from my desktop. I have 2.1.0 app running on the IOS device and 1.2.8 on the Voyager, The simple problem is that I cannot flash the firmware on the voyager from the IOS APP or the web browser as I cannot access the root drive. I did not have this problem when I bought it as I have upgraded it. My files are all there but effectively this is a bog standard USB disk now. Corsair need to pull their finger out here .....

Old 11-07-2014, 11:43 AM

POST ID # = 740509
terryob Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1ngles View Post
I'm curious in to how you have managed to put the firmware in. Looking at the screen you are supposed to get if the connection/software is working properly, there are a set of folder options on the left hand side, whereas I don't have any. As you have said if you can't access the root folder or find it I don't se how you could have upgraded it successfully. I suspect from what I have read is that you need to know what version of firmware is compatible with the current IOS app, as it is likely 1.2.7 is too old now ........
I know the current voyager air firmware is 1.2.7 on the drive
1. I have updated app on ipad
2. I have connected voyager air to pc with usb cable and copied lowest firmware available to root ( 2.0.17 )
3. I disconnect safely the drive, take out the usb cable switch it on then wait for wireless flashing, but never flashes.
don't know what else to do, I have accessed the voyager air via the ipad I am able to wirelessly connect or LAN connect to the Voyager but all I get is a page showing Voyager Air settings, this page shows me the current firmware is 1.2.7, bottom left showing 'not connected to wireless'

Old 11-07-2014, 11:54 AM

POST ID # = 740512
terryob Reputation: 10

I don't want to break any rules here, this is a hard one to find info on
I have a concern regarding plugging in the voyager air to my Zenbook below,, twice I have done this and doing so has caused it to die, first time Asus replaced the laptop, second time they replaced the motherboard, (Last week ) my question is, I want to go abroad with laptop and Voyager and am extremely wary, have you any idea why this happens, or have you come across this before, and is there a sequence of plugging in EG power off first, plug in to USB 3 then turn on after????
Asus UX301LA Laptop, Intel Core i7-4500U 1.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 13.3" Touch

Old 11-08-2014, 07:01 AM

POST ID # = 740695
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 108

If your Voyager Air is on FW 1.2.8, the new Voyager Air app will not work with the Voyager Air as it needs to be on FW 2.X.X

@j1ngles

What do you mean you cannot access the root drive? Connecting the drive to the computer via USB does not allow you to access the drive? Have you tried connecting it via Ethernet?

@terryob

You need to plug the wall adapter + charging cable for the Voyager Air before updating the firmware as FW 1.2.8 requires it before the update starts.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:24 AM
ca6's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932213
ca6 Reputation: 10

Just realized there's an update to 2.4.0. what's new?

Old 12-25-2017, 10:19 AM

POST ID # = 932245

If i recall correctly, It was something to do with Cloud Sync.

Old 12-25-2017, 02:43 PM
ca6's PC Specs

POST ID # = 932271
ca6 Reputation: 10

Ah ok. Was hoping for a fix so I don't have to scan & repair every time I hook it up to win10...

Old 12-27-2017, 07:50 AM

POST ID # = 932451

Make sure the drive is safely ejected before turning it off and unplugging the drive.

Otherwise, Check the condition of the HD as there might be a problem with it.