Corsair Community

Is it possible to have an "if/then" lighting setup?

Zuke24

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums but a long time Corsair fan. I recently got my Commander Pro set up and am still playing around.

Understand how you can set up different lighting effects, and how you stack them in the setup will matter as to how the different effects are presented across hardware. What I'm wondering is if it's possible to set up the following:

During normal operation, my RAM does a color wave going down.

When temps rise, the color changes and the wave speeds up.

When the temp hits the high threshold, the color goes to red and the lights pulse.

As best I can tell, it seems the lighting effects are just always on and don't seem to have a "if this happens, change to this effect" option. Am I missing it?

Thank you in advance.

They only logic that really applies directly to corsair is changing profiles based off process that is currently in focus. In other words start up OW and the rgb goes to that profile, alt-tab it goes back to the default/top profile.

Some motherboard software does have temp controls, I know on my Gigabyte it has the ability to sync RAM, including Corsair, w/ RGB Fusion and you have the ability to set items via temp.

The last option is to get clever with the SDK.

No, there really isn't much in the way of cause/effect or trigger mechanisms. The only ones you have are through the notification settings. So, from the Commander Pro, Notification Panel, add a new +. You will see one of the triggers is when Temp X reached specified temperature, turn all RGB LEDs (color of your choice). This should override any current lighting settings.

The piece that isn't going to work is speed changes. There are no dynamically adjustable "speed" settings for either pre-defined or custom lighting effects. Unlike the keyboard, there are no trigger mechanisms at all like "on key press", etc. I don't know what is or is not possible with the SDK, but this seems like a large obstacle.

We had a similar conversation a few weeks back. The only reactive lighting is the "temperature" setting in the predefined list. With the C-Pro, you will have a lot of other things to link it to besides CPU temp. You can layer this under your current lighting, leaving the the first two gradient sections black. The higher rank movement pattern will cover over it. The last section can be red or some other noticeable color, but this only really works if the top lighting effect has some "space" to it. Solid effects like static colors or Rainbow wave will write all over it. I don't see a big advantage to this over the notification setting command, but you may find another use for it.

If the temps go too high, everything goes to red alert.

That part you can do in 30 seconds. Go to the notifications panel, as described above. Fairly self evident when you get in there. However, the wrinkle is going to be what to use as the notification trigger. For the C-Pro, it will be the temps probes (if you are using them). If you have a Corsair "i" series cooler, then liquid temp can be one as well. Barring that or if you wanted to use CPU temp, I think you will have to muck around with the suggestion above of putting a "Temperature" lighting pattern under your current effect. Make the first two gradients black (0,0,0) and the third a high CPU temp (or whatever) value that turns to red. Again, it will only work if the top lighting layers is a wave or something else with black space so the red can shine through.

Archived