Corsair Community

no monitoring unless manual open of link

Daveangel

Hi

I have a good link setup which works pretty well. I am using 2.5.5145 with windows 8.1. In options I have clicked run at windows startup and each start pops up a message taskbar that corsair link is running. this is confirmed if you hover over the icon. however it as the PC warms up none of the fans ramp up. if I then open link from the desktop icon the system page opens displaying a cooking machine, and after a few seconds all the dials sort themselves out and the fans ramp to max on their respective custom curves.

start minimised option doesn't appear to work and after each reboot the tick is missing again even though I saved settings.

anyone offer a solution?

thanks in advance

Hi

I have the same problem with a new beta version of the CL (2.5.5145).

CL runs in the tray but control 2 of 4 fan does not work until you do not maximize the application. Only then suddenly become fans of speed and adapt to the custom curve.

Then the application can be minimized to the tray again and all the fans already then act in accordance with the custom curve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, thought I would see if that was the same for me. Have confirmed same 'bug'.

Starting computer with Corsair Link (2.5.5145) loaded at start up, minimised to tray meant that my pre-set profile (fans set to performance mode) DOES NOT get used! - fans spin at constant low rpm even after some cpu stress/gaming. After opening the Corsair Link window from the tray, the pre-set fan rpm in profile is followed.

• 2 months later...

Hi. Sorry to bump an old post but I have the exact same issue with the latest Corsair Link software (2.6.5214)...

Just wondering if you have found a fix?

As you say, it starts on system boot and tooltip "corsair link still open" appears in notification bar.

But when benchmarking/gaming/prime95 etc, corsair link DOES NOT control the fans with performance mode/balanced/custom fan curves at all... not until I manually open the software by clicking on the icon.

It also does not load my custom LED colours until I manually load the application...

Of course you could start the program NOT minimised, but I personally don't want it opening maximised every time I turn on my PC. I want it running in the background like it should when I select "start minimised"... (not to mention the "start minimised" checkbox unticks itself every time I load Corsair Link).

This is an issue which really, really needs to be resolved, or if anyone knows a fix please say! Thanks..

Edit: When closing Corsair Link (which minimises it to tray) everything works perfectly after that. It just doesn't initialise the program on system boot properly in minimised mode.

Found the same issue with H100 and H80i.

One workaround seems to use the Hxx temp group instead of CPU temp group - it seems to work better and follow custom curves.

The only trick is, the Hxx temp changes a lot less than CPU temp, so the custom curve is not simple to setup.

By the way, this is a critical bug, it can burn your HW while playing BF4 if you don't take care :(

One workaround seems to use the Hxx temp group instead of CPU temp group - it seems to work better and follow custom curves.

Thanks shine6. Can confirm this does work as a workaround for this issue. It does work better, and curves are much smoother due to the slower increase/decrease in temp.

I guess I will be fine tuning my curves and LEDs based on my pump temp now. It's a shame it does not work for CPU properly, because I liked the LEDs to jump to red when my cpu hits 50 degrees C so I can see it in my peripheral vision.. :( oh well.

It's a shame it does not work for CPU properly, because I liked the LEDs to jump to red when my cpu hits 50 degrees C so I can see it in my peripheral vision.. :( oh well.

just group your leds with the water temp also..

just group your leds with the water temp also..

Well yeah, obviously I did do that too...

I guess I will be fine tuning my curves and LEDs based on my pump temp now.

But I would have liked the LED to literally jump to red when my CPU hits X degrees when there is sudden spikes like while stress testing/overclocking. As opposed to the water temp which is dependable on the temperature of the room and does not exactly follow the temp curve of the CPU. Like when stress testing, the CPU can jump right up to ~50-60 degrees when fully loaded before the temperature of the water changes drastically.

When I have the heater on at night time, the ambient temp of the room goes up, and therefore so does the radiator water temp because it is drawing warmer air than usual, as well as any fans/LEDs linked to it. But the CPU stays cool because it is not being loaded.

It works fine as is, after grouping everything with water temp as shine6 suggested. My LEDs are white and blend into red when my water reaches a certain temp. I can live with that and not having to open LINK every time I boot.

Archived