Corsair Community

PSU makes clicking sound when shutting down

koenmiltenburg

I Recently build my first desktop, and used the corsair HX750 PSU for this build. The first couple of boots the corsair acted a little strange, Whenever I shut down the computer I had to flick the off/on switch of the PSU in order to boot it up again. That problem fixed itself, but now, when I shut down my computer I hear a loud 'Click' sound when the computer shuts off. I'm not totally sure that is supposed to be there and if it can harm my computer in any way. It's almost like the PSU has a hard shutdown.

Also, should I be worried about that problem I had the first couple of boots even if it fixed itself?

when I shut down my computer I hear a loud 'Click' sound when the computer shuts off. I'm not totally sure that is supposed to be there and if it can harm my computer in any way. It's almost like the PSU has a hard shutdown.

This is totally normal. There is a relay that clicks both when power is turned on and off.

I submitted a ticket to Corsair last friday, I got an automated response that I will receive a reaction within 24 hours. It has been 72 hours.. Can somebody please respond?

Corsair is closed over the weekend. So if you submitted a ticket on Friday it can be Monday or Tuesday depending on the backlog from the weekend. However you don't need an RMA. Your PSU is functioning the way it should.

This is totally normal. There is a relay that clicks both when power is turned on and off.

Corsair is closed over the weekend. So if you submitted a ticket on Friday it can be Monday or Tuesday depending on the backlog from the weekend. However you don't need an RMA. Your PSU is functioning the way it should.

Okay, thanks for the reply. I really just needed someone to confirm that because of the issues I had the first couple of boots. Anyway, thanks again!

• 2 years later...

My CS750M psu makes the same noise and it is OK for me but while pc is shutting down, at the end off process; fan lights, motherboard lights vs turn off and then when I hear the clicking noise, all lights turn on and then turn off like a wave. There is a fluctuation in electricity of PC. All those happen in one second. Is it normal or is it harmful to my PC components?

Archived