Corsair Community

H110i GT scratchy "quiet" and whinny "performance" pump

Deses

Howdy folks! So I finally bit the bullet and jumped to the AIO watercooling bandwagon and I'd like to ask if the sound properties of my H110I GT are ok or should RMA it...

After I drilled new holes in my case to my BitFenix Ghost, I installed Corsair Link and switched everything to the lowest possible (SP140L to the minimum because the stuff is ultra noisy) and I'm getting around 40ºC at idle and 83ºC tops when stress testing at 1.4v. How are those temps? I think they are pretty ok, not stellar but fine at the voltage I'm pushing through.

My issue is that the pump is clearly audible from where I sit (the computer is below the table to my left), It produces a scratchy sound and if I switch it to performance mode, it's even worse, and I've read somewhere that the pump noise is better in that mode...

I tried to record a video but my phone is picking a lot of static noise from somewhere else and it's hard to demonstrate my issue.

Also, do you recommend switching the fans to something else? NF-A14 perhaps?

Howdy folks! So I finally bit the bullet and jumped to the AIO watercooling bandwagon and I'd like to ask if the sound properties of my H110I GT are ok or should RMA it...

After I drilled new holes in my case to my BitFenix Ghost, I installed Corsair Link and switched everything to the lowest possible (SP140L to the minimum because the stuff is ultra noisy) and I'm getting around 40ºC at idle and 83ºC tops when stress testing at 1.4v. How are those temps? I think they are pretty ok, not stellar but fine at the voltage I'm pushing through.

My issue is that the pump is clearly audible from where I sit (the computer is below the table to my left), It produces a scratchy sound and if I switch it to performance mode, it's even worse, and I've read somewhere that the pump noise is better in that mode...

I tried to record a video but my phone is picking a lot of static noise from somewhere else and it's hard to demonstrate my issue.

Also, do you recommend switching the fans to something else? NF-A14 perhaps?

Maybe something is near the fan? I would try a re-install from scratch.

Archived