Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 1500 picking up neighbours radio (?)

Goemi

Hello all,

Since 3 months I've been using the Corsair Vengeance 1500.

Since then, whenever I am in a Skype conversation, the people on the other side have been whining that they can hear music. :rant:

I can't hear anything for myself, with or without the headset on.

But whenever I record the Skype conversation I do hear it clearly in the recording. Turns out it's a radio station and it's picking it up from the neighbors.

I've tried some other headsets:

Logitech G330, nothing. (tried with USB adapter and 3.5mm jack)

Sennheiser PC3, nothing. (tried with USB adapter and 3.5mm jack)

But when I plugged back to Corsair Vengeance 1500 it was immediately back again.

This is really, really driving me insane.:mad::!:

Can someone (please) help me with this problem?

Also, is anyone else having the same kind of somewhat similar problem?

Kind Regards,

Goemi

• Corsair Employee
Hello all,

Since 3 months I've been using the Corsair Vengeance 1500.

Since then, whenever I am in a Skype conversation, the people on the other side have been whining that they can hear music. :rant:

I can't hear anything for myself, with or without the headset on.

But whenever I record the Skype conversation I do hear it clearly in the recording. Turns out it's a radio station and it's picking it up from the neighbors.

I've tried some other headsets:

Logitech G330, nothing. (tried with USB adapter and 3.5mm jack)

Sennheiser PC3, nothing. (tried with USB adapter and 3.5mm jack)

But when I plugged back to Corsair Vengeance 1500 it was immediately back again.

This is really, really driving me insane.:mad::!:

Can someone (please) help me with this problem?

Also, is anyone else having the same kind of somewhat similar problem?

Kind Regards,

Goemi

The Vengeance 1500 has no transceiver to up any wireless transmissions. How would this be possible?

The Vengeance 1500 has no transceiver to up any wireless transmissions. How would this be possible?

I have seriously NO idea. But I'm 100% sure that it's the headset. As I mentioned in my previous post, it ONLY happens with the Vengeance 1500. :confused:

Try a record your own voice and see if you can hear anything.

I did record myself and yes I do hear the radio in my recording. This is getting very very annoying. With the other headsets that I've tried there's nothing. The moment the Corsair Vengeance 1500 gets plugged in, it's immediately back.

Try the headset on another computer and see if the radio is in it as well.

I just tested the headset on another computer and yes, the radio is still there...

Btw I tried it with both Microsoft Windows 7 standard drivers and with Corsair Headset Drivers version 1.1

I just tested the headset on another computer and yes, the radio is still there...

Btw I tried it with both Microsoft Windows 7 standard drivers and with Corsair Headset Drivers version 1.1

I would contact Corsair and ask them if they are interested on your device, they might even pay nice money for it, since you must gotten your hands on a prototype, that has a built in radio receiver.

If possible, Try the headset on a different computer at a different location (e.g. Friends house, local computer shop, etc) and see if the radio comes back.

If the other computer was at a different location (not inside your house) and the radio still played, request an RMA to replace the headset.

radio broadcasts are supposed to have a distinct frequency to broadcast on. if you happen to catch station identification i would call the radio station and ask what frequency range they broadcast on and compare it to what the headset's frequency is. if the radio is transmitted outside of its band the FCC will fine the radio station and get them to tighten up its signal.

just another avenue to look at.

I live in The Netherlands so the FCC thing is not possible here XD

I tried the headset at the neighbors house, on their computer and it still picks up the radio signal. I've read that ferrite filters might help, does anyone know about this? If you search for ferrite on ebay you can find them.

• 2 weeks later...
We can replace the headset for you if you'd like to see if the replacement will resolve the problem.

I don't want to whine or so but sending the headset to US from The Netherlands and receiving a new one back is gonna be too long for me. I don't own any other headset(s) at the moment.

I have ordered some ferrite filters, they'll arrive in 25 days orso (from China).

I'm gonna see if that works. If not, I'm gonna try to replace it at the shop where I bought it. (it's probably gonna be a hassle to convince the shop employees about this problem ) If that does not work either, I'll go through the RMA procedure.

Thanks for everyone who tried to help. I appreciate it a lot.

• Corsair Employee
I don't want to whine or so but sending the headset to US from The Netherlands and receiving a new one back is gonna be too long for me. I don't own any other headset(s) at the moment.

I have ordered some ferrite filters, they'll arrive in 25 days orso (from China).

I'm gonna see if that works. If not, I'm gonna try to replace it at the shop where I bought it. (it's probably gonna be a hassle to convince the shop employees about this problem ) If that does not work either, I'll go through the RMA procedure.

Thanks for everyone who tried to help. I appreciate it a lot.

Our hub in EU is located at Almere, NL.

I did not know that but I am glad you give me all that information. I'm going to wait for the ferrite beads first, I had already ordered them. They should arrive within 3 weeks.(hopefully)

I would contact Corsair and ask them if they are interested on your device, they might even pay nice money for it, since you must gotten your hands on a prototype, that has a built in radio receiver.

ROFL laugh so hard !! :D:D::D:

We can replace the headset for you if you'd like to see if the replacement will resolve the problem.

I am filling out the RMA form but I have a question about the section "Select Part Number". I see 2 times the "Corsair Vengeance 1500 Gaming Dolby 7.1 USB Headset Refurbish" listed.

The first one is listed 3th from the top.

The second one is listed 32nd from the top.

I noticed that products in that list are listed multiple times and some have EU and others have UK. With the Corsair 1500's you can not see if they are UK or EU, probably because the text is too long?

I would like to know if there is any difference between those 2. I live in The Netherlands if that makes any difference.

There isn't any difference between the EU/UK/NA etc for the product itself. Its only the box that is different.

Would it make any difference with how long the process will take?

For example, if I choose UK instead of EU, will the process take longer?

• 4 weeks later...
try wrapping the flex round a ferrite ring a couple of turns

I have 4 ferrite rings here and I've tried all of them on any possible place on the headsets cable but nothing seems to work. The ferrite beads actually make it worser...the sound gets louder and louder

That's the first weirdest thing I have ever heard. a HEADSET.. USB One can't do that and it DOES not make sense whatsoever.. lol. Its your PC motherboard or a WI-FI / router issue.

It srsly doesn't make sense and I believe you are the FIRST person in Earth to encounter this.

P.S. I think you need to keep this headset, it has a radio reciever inside it and can get you LOTS LOTS of Moneyyy.. :D

Archived