Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 - charge light solid amber

Guf

Greetings!

I was charging my Vengeance 2000, turned them on, didn't get any sound, turned them off again. Noticed that the charge light was solid amber, not slowly blinking amber as it is supposed to be. If I pull the charge plug the light does not turn off but is still solid amber.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The headset had started beeping, yes.

However, the quick start guide says that the light should be fast blinking red when the charge is low, not solid amber. I have noticed that the light is always solid amber when you start charging the headset and this changes after a few seconds, but it did not change in the incident mentioned above.

I also found it strange that the charge light was still on when I pulled the plug. When I tried to start the headset a second time the big status light went solid blue and stayed that way, and as I said, I could not use the headset.

I have not encountered this behavior from the headset again, even when the charge has gone low.

Alright, it happened again. However, I did not have to wait several hours this time.

I was using the headset normally, the charge cable was not plugged in. I plugged the charge cable in because I wanted to make sure I had enough charge later on, the headset had not started beeping. I continued using the headset for a while, then turned them off and let them sit for a while. When I tried to turn them on the next time it did not work - the charge light was solid amber and the blue indicator light was solid. When I unplugged the charge cable the charge light was still solid amber. I did not notice if it was solid amber before I tried to turn them on again.

This time I just let the headphones sit, with the charge cable in for a couple of minutes. When I unplugged the charge cable the lights went off and the headset worked perfectly when I turned them on.

If it comes up again please send us a message and we can talk about next steps.

Send you a message where? A note, on http://www.corsair.com/en/support/technicalsupport/, one can not choose Corsair Vengeance 2000.

• Corsair Employee

How long are you letting the Head sets charge? And I will get them added to the list ASAP.

If it continues please use the link on the left and request an RMA and choose the closest part and let me know the case number and we will fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, it happened again. However, I did not have to wait several hours this time.

I was using the headset normally, the charge cable was not plugged in. I plugged the charge cable in because I wanted to make sure I had enough charge later on, the headset had not started beeping. I continued using the headset for a while, then turned them off and let them sit for a while. When I tried to turn them on the next time it did not work - the charge light was solid amber and the blue indicator light was solid. When I unplugged the charge cable the charge light was still solid amber. I did not notice if it was solid amber before I tried to turn them on again.

This time I just let the headphones sit, with the charge cable in for a couple of minutes. When I unplugged the charge cable the lights went off and the headset worked perfectly when I turned them on.

Send you a message where? A note, on http://www.corsair.com/en/support/technicalsupport/, one can not choose Corsair Vengeance 2000.

I have exactly this excpet that I can't turn the headset on or off. Both lights are solid and the blue light only stops if I unplug the wireless reciever. It happend when I was gonna charge it because I wanted to make sure I could use it for a longer period later. I did not hear the low battery beep before charging it. It's been over an hour now and the blue light is still on and the solid amber light is on too.

EDIT: Now the battery got drained and I'm charging them. The amber light is now blinking but I can't turn on the headset.

• 2 months later...

This happened to me, i have had them for two months and they have been working great untill now. They lights are allways on and i cant use them. I will let them drain out and charge them to see if they will work.

BTW! if i play music or a youtube video its lagging, it wont go smooth untill i remove the dongle and activate my computer speakers. So when they are in this weird state everything laggs when it comes to videos and sounds

• 1 month later...

Mine seem to have just died - out of the blue....

Only been using them for about a week (twice to be specific) on my new box...

Went to turn them on tonight and the blue light didn't come on after pressing the power button, I thought that was weird so I plugged the power lead in just to see if it was a power issue and there was no light from the mini-usb either....

The dongle works, flashes blue when enabled and takes over priority as my playback device, however the phones simply won't turn on or charge.......

Anyone had that issue before???

I've also got this problem now... i was charging them last night and they didnt get fully charged so i thought i'll fully charge them today instead so i started my computer and plugged in the headset to charge, then i turned them on. And now they just keep a solid amber and a solid blue light.. I've tried to unplugg the charge cable and tried to turn them off but it wont work. So now i have to wait like 5-10 hours untill they are out of batteries?! This is insane, hope you guys can come with an explanation to this :/

• Corsair Employee
I've also got this problem now... i was charging them last night and they didnt get fully charged so i thought i'll fully charge them today instead so i started my computer and plugged in the headset to charge, then i turned them on. And now they just keep a solid amber and a solid blue light.. I've tried to unplugg the charge cable and tried to turn them off but it wont work. So now i have to wait like 5-10 hours untill they are out of batteries?! This is insane, hope you guys can come with an explanation to this :/

There could be any number of reasons for this unfortunately. However, if it doesn't recover even after draining it, let me know and I'll get you a replacement immediately.

I did drain the batteries and they work just fine now but i think you should look into this and try to find a solution for other people who run into this problem.

However you guys have really made an awesome headset when it comes to comfort and sound! I've tried the G930 and when it comes to comfort the Vengeance 2000 is soooo much better! The negative is the software which i dont like at all unfortunately. I reeeally really hope you can fix this software (I'm particularly talking about the directional sound) If you guys fix this the headset will definitely get 10/10!

• 3 weeks later...

I now have the same issue with my headphones. I have had them for a couple of months.

Both lights are on solid while the headphones are unplugged. When I remove the USB send/receiver then Blue light goes out on the headphones.

Plugging it back in and turning it on and I have the solid Blue light with the solid amber light.

So I guess I will just let the batter run out and charge it tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived