The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Old 04-18-2018, 03:53 PM
TheArkratos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 950974
TheArkratos Reputation: 10

Here's what I'm working on at the moment as I get the side monitors mounted.

You can see in this photo that the surface I'm using to mount the monitor arms is not flat...

The difference in height is luckily very very very close to 1/8 inch thick acrylic, so I should be able to use that as a buffer to fill out the indent.

*Photo taken from the "Legit Reviews" review of the case, modified to show points of interest*
I really recommend looking at their review. I really really like this case the more I work in it.
http://www.legitreviews.com/corsair-...-review_185791

I'm super surprised this case isn't WAY more popular, my only assumption is people don't want to pay over 100 dollars for a case... But I'd call this one worth it. I'm sad I lose the outer aesthetic but the layout is amazing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Side Monitor Mounting Problems1.jpg (75.9 KB, 60 views)

Old 04-25-2018, 02:45 PM
TheArkratos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952007

I made some spacers, drilled some holes...

And learned that if you are drilling perfectly into the side of sheet metal you have no problems...

If you are off by a little bit...

Dremil made it work if not pretty at least it works... And the dremil was used to make room for the nut.

But the case is becoming sentient! It's growing arms!

Here is picture shows the spacer I made to make the surface flush

And here is a pretty picture of everything mocked up before the tear down. See you all soon when I can set up and take good pictures with all the monitors attached!

I now just need to figure out my front IO plan, make the new outer shell of the case, clean everything up, flush radiators, etc and reassemble... Right? Right???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0673.JPG (227.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0675.JPG (191.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0674.JPG (141.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0676.JPG (200.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg tease mock 1.jpg (529.5 KB, 40 views)

Old 05-02-2018, 02:06 PM
TheArkratos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 953077

Lots of updates coming this week. I spent a good bit of time over at V1Tech this weekend. I'm happy to announce that I will be collaborating with them as soon as I get some designs drawn up.

The monitors are mounted and situated. However I'll be pulling the monitor arms back off to paint them.

And wow this thing is wide. I also wanted to announce that I have commissioned the great Max Davenport a concept artist at Gearbox Software (the makers of Borderlands) to make a custom wallpaper to span the three monitors and help bring the theme into the software too. Seriously, go check out his work this guy is amazing: https://www.artstation.com/daven

In just a quick quick sketch for a sense of layout, he's proposed this monster!

King Ghidorah will be flying straight at you. Each monitor will be a head with the body residing behind the middle monitor. I'm so excited!

A little bit of minor construction is left on the case as I figure out how to route the monitor cables cleanly. And then I just need to finish the designs for the case panels and get everything fabricated with the help of V1Tech.

And then lastly reassembly!

After that I'll have photos of the build and begin working on the software set up. But I can't do that till I can turn everything back on again.

I'll leave you all with an action shot of a nearly empty case ;P
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg received_2127687287246374.jpeg (147.4 KB, 37 views)
File Type: png received_10216175840407591.png (59.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpeg received_2127687053913064.jpeg (223.3 KB, 38 views)

Old 05-04-2018, 04:32 PM
TheArkratos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 953336

So a lot has happened, to the point that I didn't get around to updating here immediately so expect another update this weekend and then one early next week as I catch up and finish up.

Unboxed and installed the last few components.

I don't think I've had a power supply with quite that many cables.

And I'm still not used to how tiny M.2s are. SOoooooo TINY!

And so many of them!

I picked up a limited edition plush King Ghidorah and I think he approves of the monitor arm painting!

However... During case construction, disaster struck, as paint really doesn't like chrome...

Monitor arms will be repainted or vinyl wrapped next time around. And pictures to come as the internals are back together and leak tested. Cable management is still a struggle though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PSU 1.jpg (469.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg PSU 2.jpg (535.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg M2 Tiny.jpg (444.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg M2 Tiny 2.jpg (549.3 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg M2 Mobo.jpg (563.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0691.JPG (193.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0694.JPG (139.3 KB, 27 views)

Old 05-15-2018, 02:44 PM
TheArkratos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 954759

I did myself a favor and got some HDMI extensions, made a few holes, and they turned out pretty good.

Ok, hurdles aside the internals are done. I assembled it and had an interesting problem I've never encountered... I was given a power button from a friend that was wired backwards... It was set up so if you weren't pressing it the power pins were connected and if you were pressing they were disconnected.

Moral of the story... If you do the equivalent of holding the power button while trying to post you get errors: C0 sometimes, b5 sometimes, and random shut off during booting...

2 days later and 6+ hours to tear down, debug, and rebuild... I present you the cell phone quality photos of the internals!

Check out those scales on the pass thru plate and on the gpus! V1Tech really helped hook me up with their new printer. I think it's either live on their website or will be soon, link in the first post.

I didn't leave myself much room for GPU power... but it worked!

In it's preferred orientation:

And one with LIGHTS

That lighting is powered by the Corsair commander pro. That thing has a million connections making cable management an interesting endeavor, luckily the back side of this case is MASSIVE.

Last thing to leave you with, the artist sent me another update. I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0702.JPG (196.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0696.JPG (219.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0697.JPG (193.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0714.JPG (257.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: gif LightsKG.gif (2.85 MB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0703.JPG (226.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg MaxKG3.jpg (96.3 KB, 16 views)