Corsair Community

Corsair H50 not cooling correctly...I think...

Blackbustercrit

I recently took out the stock fan from on my CPU in hopes to get away from those 50-60 c temperatures so I could over clock, but as I'm watching the temperatures with the new H50 installed, they're literally the same! I tried having the fan intake air from the outside, and it was HOTTER than the stock fan, but it finally matched the stock fan temperatures when I switched it around to blow air out.

Nope, the temperature readers were correct. I changed the fan and radiator around so that the radiator is against the case, and the fan is blowing air from inside the case to outside. That seemed to work better than having air pulled in from the outside. But the temperature difference between the stock fan and the watercooler still isnt significant. Should I post pictures of what my case and fan set up?

I wonder if the case may be the problem. The sonata III 500 has a maximum of 2 case fans and is designed to be a quiet case rather than one with good air flow for performance systems. Try to use a push/pull configuration on the rad with air exhausting from the case and install a fan in the middle position as well.

Archived