Corsair Community

problem with my P5N32-E SLI Plus

rave_rune

Hi!

I also have a similar problem with my exactly same setup. The memories stickers state that I should run them at 1,8v but the mobo only allows a minimum of 1,85v :(

But I will try these step, starting with upgrading the bios.

I'll write here again when i'm done.

Thanx!

[Admin note]: Split From http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65479

I have a ASUS P5N32-e SLI Plus that will not be stable with 4gigs of TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX. It's somewhat stable at 2gs, but still occasionally get the blue screen. Help. I had this problem for awhile now, and Seen post for this same problem with the MOBO except not with this Sticks. Thank you.
It is a problem with the memory controller on the motherboard. It cannot handle having all four DIMM slots populated at that speed. Try dropping the speed to DDR667.
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.0 volts (+.2 Volts W/Giga-Byte) and then set the timings manually to the tested settings for the specific module you have, or if you have Value Select "BY SPD" and then test the module/'s one at a time with http://www.memtest.org! If you still get errors, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it! However, if you get errors with both modules that would suggest some other problem and I would test them in another system or MB to be sure. In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

Well, I updated BIOS to the latest version, but I still can't set my memory voltage down to 1.8v which is the labelled voltage. So I put it at 1.85 (closest possible) and set the timings manually to 5-5-5-18 T2.

I will run the computer a while and look for crashes, but if this doesn't solve the issue I am thinking about changing to the TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX instead.

These modules are, as I understand it, the ones that are supposed to run at 2.1v with 4-4-4-12 timings, and the recommended modules for the MB.

Ram Guy; I didn't understand what you wrote earlier about setting the module voltage to 2.0 (+.2v W/gigabytes of memory). As I understand it, that would mean to put a 4gb ram-rig på 2.8v. But I think I didn't follow you there :)

Thanks for this forum, great way to get help.

1.85v is fine.

Download memtest from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to a CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from-->

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable), enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Well, I updated BIOS to the latest version, but I still can't set my memory voltage down to 1.8v which is the labelled voltage. So I put it at 1.85 (closest possible) and set the timings manually to 5-5-5-18 T2.

I will run the computer a while and look for crashes, but if this doesn't solve the issue I am thinking about changing to the TWIN2X2048-6400C4DHX instead.

These modules are, as I understand it, the ones that are supposed to run at 2.1v with 4-4-4-12 timings, and the recommended modules for the MB.

Ram Guy; I didn't understand what you wrote earlier about setting the module voltage to 2.0 (+.2v W/gigabytes of memory). As I understand it, that would mean to put a 4gb ram-rig på 2.8v. But I think I didn't follow you there :)

Thanks for this forum, great way to get help.

Please enter in your FULL specs here:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/profile.php?do=extra

I don't want to write these specs, since I have many different computers, and this one in perticular isn't mine, it's a friends.

But the rig consists of:

Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus

Intel C2D E6750 @ factory setting 2,66ghz

2pcs of TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX (io a total of 4x1GB memory modules) (see more about the sticks in the next answer.

LeadTek GF 8800GTX 768MB

Zalman PSU 600W ZM600-HP

WD 320GB Sata HD 16MB

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Also, what is the EXACT part # you have, how many modules do you have, and what is the version # of each stick?

How To Read the Memory Label

The memorysticks have the following part #: CM2X1024-6400C5DHX and I have 4 sticks.

The version of all sticks are 2.3

Here are all the numbers on the stick: (just in case I missed something)

CM2X1024-6400C5DHX

XMS2-6400

1024MB

800MHz

5-5-5-18

1.80v ver2.3

All the four modules are the same.

Now I will continue to run the memtest with the specified configuration I wrote above.

/ Niklas

1.85v is fine.

Download memtest from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to a CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from-->

Run Memtest for two full passes, then (If Stable), enter Windows and post screenshots of CPU-z's CPU, Memory and SPD tabs.

Ok, so I tested the memories with memtest for 2 passes. No problems.

And so I post the pictures from my CPUz screens:

Everything lookes fine to me now. Maybe the problem was solved when I turned the memories down from 1.9v (was 2.1v on mobo auto) to 1.85v? And the CPU voltage looks to be correct.

I will give the computer back to my friend so he can hard-test it a little. I'll report back if we have any more problems.

Thanks!

1690097783_CPUzCPU.jpg.835d8e8f809e5d955674c14f2c1d07b1.jpg

1328331376_CPuzmemory.jpg.466cab7e95d963149577692ba916faa0.jpg

2066712932_CPUzspd.jpg.d0d333aa78defefdf1d2e31aa89604d7.jpg

Archived