Corsair Community

CORSAIR 620HX and the Intel D975XBX2K Question

SEA

I was wondering if anyone here was using the CORSAIR 620HX and the Intel D975XBX2K motherboard.

Currently I'm building a new pc using both and my Intel D975XBX2K wouldn't fire up (hmmmm).

So I suspected it was the mb and got a replacement one.

Then... the 2nd mb had the same problem so we contacted Corsair and I'm returning the new 620HX.

The 620 wouldn't even fire up the fans in the Antec case. Has anyone had this problem before? Does it sound like the power supply was bad out of the box?

Thanks for your help!

SEA :cool:

• Corsair Employee
Should not be a problem with that MB we have used it in the lab. Did you try and short out the green wire and the Black Wire and see if it turns on or try the MB with another PSU to make sure its not some other issue.

Should not be a problem with that MB we have used it in the lab. Did you try and short out the green wire and the Black Wire and see if it turns on or try the MB with another PSU to make sure its not some other issue.

Yeah... we tried that yesterday. You get a red light that would flash on the motherboard for a second... then the fan in the Antec case would spin for like 1/2 a sec and then stop.

That would suggest there is a short somewhere, and when you do that test it should not be connected to the MB.

We also tried it stand alone with it connected to just the fans and the hard drives with Corsair support on the tele. The fans booted up for a 1/2 sec and nothing from the hard drives.

Archived