Corsair Community

gigabyte problems solved read this post!!

tUrTlEcHoMPeR

Hello all, I have been having problems with my memory and gigabyte mobo till i read some posts by different forum users. the solution for now for stability seems to be somewhat simple. I switched memory slots on my gigabyte 8knxp and now everything seems to be better i have the 8knxp i switched from the orange slots to the purple slots right next to them the computer booted up in dual channel mode turned my timmings back down to 2-2-2-5 set my memory for+.3 in bios and just got done owning in some unreal tournament 2k4.I have played for about 2 hours with no problems so far i was getting blue screesn memory errors and lockups,and freezes.I hope this helps it seems to have worked for me and thanks to the guys who figured this out.

I have pentium 4 3.2 processor with an 875p motherboard gigabyte 8knxp revision 2.0 non ultra.I moved both my memory sticks over 1 slot to the first purple slot next to the orange slots.im not doing anything fancy not overclocked standard cpu voltage raised my dimm voltage+.3 and set my timmings to 2-2-2-5.I have corsair twinx1024-3200xlpro in dual channel mode antec true 550 power supply 74 gig raptor and 2 120 wd harddrives,no raid im not really sure which information you want but if you wouldnt mind being specific i would be more than happy to post my info hopefully it will help someone.

Archived