Corsair Community

Intel DZ77GA-70K & CML16GX3M4A1600C9

MyaR

Hello,

I am ready to buy the new Intel DZ77GA-70K. I have a couple of questions about current Corsair memory offerings.

1. Will this Corsair memory (CML16GX3M4A1600C9) be 100% compatible with the motherboard mentioned above?

2. I see that the motherboard I want has a new XMP 1.3 specification for memory? Is the CML16GX3M4A1600C9 XMP 1.3 Certified?

Thanks!

*Edit* After doing so additional research:

Would CML16GX3M4X1600C8 be a better choice? According to the product page it's has XMP 1.3 Support and Compatible with Intel Dual channel DDR3 platforms.

All the Corsair memory upgrade kits designed for X79 feature four modules and support XMP Profile 1.3.

if the 77 chipset is similar you should be all set.

i did not see that board listed on Corsairs memory finder so maybe wait to hear RamGuys input.

• Corsair Employee
CML16GX3M4X1600C8 modules are made for and tested on Intel X79 Chipset MB's, so they have XMP 1.3 SPD information, and there is no certification for XMP other than Intel's XMP list; which these modules will be listed on if they are not already. They should work with the MB in question but I have no information about this MB at this time so I can give you a 100% guarantee. Once the MB is available and it is added there will be a list of modules that will be guaranteed to work with the MB, but at this time I am sorry I don't have that information.

Thank you Synthohol & RAM GUY for your answers! ::pirate::

I think I will just wait until the motherboard has been out and about for a little longer, before making a decision. Also, I will just wait for an official statement or further updates from Corsair regarding the Intel Z77 Chipset & their memory before I make a decision.

Thanks!

Hope you all had a great weekend! :cool:

Archived