Corsair Community

Need help buying ram pls!!

Louis Nel

Hey guys

Im new to this site and i just want to find out, is there anyone here that can pls tell me what RAM to buy for my PC pls!!

Now im just taking a guess here cuz i dont know much about PC's but, I think the reason my pc is so slow after playing a game like Metro 2033 is because of the M2A1 part. Does M2 meen that is does not support duel channel or something? Because i have 4x4 gig Ram sticks but i cant equip them all, or els the pc wont boot at all!!

I can only use 2 of them in slots A1 and A2, I tride all other ways and nothing.

Now im looking to buy me Corsair Vengeance - 16GB ( 4 x 4GB ) DDR3 1600MHz (CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9) Because it says M4X1 wich probly meens u can equip all 4 slots not just 2.

Can anyone pls tell me if this ram will work on my PC pls, it wil really mean alot to me.

Oh yeah one more thing, when i copy anything no matter the size from my external HDD to my Main or the other way around, ALL my ram is gone completly and i cant even listen to music while im copying.

Now that just cant be right at all, im think its my memory i mean it has to be,

but any help on that would be appreatiated to pls guys!!

Moved thread to the correct area.

Now im just taking a guess here cuz i dont know much about PC's but, I think the reason my pc is so slow after playing a game like Metro 2033 is because of the M2A1 part.
Memory Part Number Breakdown

M2 = 2 Modules

Does M2 meen that is does not support duel channel or something? Because i have 4x4 gig Ram sticks but i cant equip them all, or els the pc wont boot at all!!
There is no such thing as Dual channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual channel.

Having said that, mixing memory kits is never recommended because you're now mixing two kits of CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 which haven't been tested with each other and therefore can't be guaranteed to run together.

Can anyone pls tell me if this ram will work on my PC pls, it wil really mean alot to me.
CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9 will work fine.

Oh yeah one more thing, when i copy anything no matter the size from my external HDD to my Main or the other way around, ALL my ram is gone completly and i cant even listen to music while im copying.

Now that just cant be right at all, im think its my memory i mean it has to be,

but any help on that would be appreatiated to pls guys!!

Doubt it's the memory. Sounds like you're maxing out the data throughput of your HDD, which is odd. What should happen is that the music should play fine but the transfer should slow down.

If you want to troubleshoot your memory, Test one stick at a time in each slot using Memtest86+.

Archived