Corsair Community

Unable to Raid 0 drives

do11in2

Hi ,

I need some help please. I used to have 2 x 10,000 rpm hard drives setup in raid 0. One failed so I bought 2 F60's to raid. After fitting them I found that the raid configurator no longer appeared (I dont think it recognises these drives) and I can only run the drives in AHCI. I am not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Entering the bios and changing the controller to raid then saving and exiting the bios. The next step would be to enter the raid controller (ctrl i) to set them up as an array in raid 0. However that optional rom that lets me setup the array is bypassed as I dont think the drives are recognised.

At the moment the bios is set to AHCI as I cant get into the ROM to set them up as an array.

If the drives are performing normally in AHCI mode, then the problem is not with the drives. You may want to contact the MOBO maker for support.

I have seen MOBOs that flash past the CTRL+I prompt too quickly to see. Have you tried powering on , and immediately and repeatedly tapping CTRL+I as soon as you press the power button?

Hmm now I am even more confused I just switched the bios otion to raid and hit ctrl i from reboot (this has not worked previously) and got into the rom. Before entering it showed one of the 2 SSD's and then inside the rom neither of the corsair drivers are listed but my raptor single drive is.

I have stupidly installed vista on one of the ssd's so I could get online to get some support so I will have to try this tomorrow as I will have to reinstall an OS to my raptor drive leaving me free to play with the SSD's.

I have stupidly installed vista on one of the ssd's so I could get online to get some support so I will have to try this tomorrow as I will have to reinstall an OS to my raptor drive leaving me free to play with the SSD's.

If you have program to do it, (some are freeware) clone the SSD to the Raptor. That's the fastest way to do it. Also, PM is it's own OS, no Windows/OS needed to use it.

You should just use a live CD like UBCD4WIN.

Surley this is a compatability issue?

Not at all, this is most likely a problem of user configuration.

How can it be a user config error if the drives dont appear in the ich9r raid controller menu and raid is on in the bios?

Are the drives plugged into the correct ports for the RAID controller? Why is the Raptor drive still plugged into the RAID controller? Have you secure erased the SSDs yet?

• 1 month later...

Archived