Corsair Community

H150i Pro uncontrollable via Corsair Link

razzack3000

Hi, I just got the H150i Pro and after installing, Corsair Link recognizes it but when I try and changing the LEDs or changing the fans from quiet to performance, it doesn't work. There are no changes... The LEDs are set to the rainbow default that the device boots with... I have the pump connected to the CPU Fan header... Then pump USB connected to the USB header on the Mobo... All the fans are also connected properly to the pump... I have no idea the issue. I rebooted the computer, reinstalled the drivers and reinstalled Link... It just doesn't seem like it's controllable.... It's fully recognized, but when I try to change the settings no change. I also played with the Mobo bios settings from PWM to DC and vice versa... Also disabled them all and still no luck... Anyone run into this before?

• 1 month later...
This issue has started happening to more and more users lately, it has been addressed and is currently being worked on and should be addressed shortly!

Hello has this issue been fixed yet ..? I just bought h150 i and tried many different link software,in SIV it says on powers tab no supported power supply has been found.

Mine is slightly different where everything is fine, shows up fine except i when i try adjust the fans speeds it will delay and slowly reach to near the speeds it should for e.g. it will be on quiet mode at 365rpm to 400rpm if i set to balanced it will delay and then slowly go up to around 600-700rpm ,performance again slowly till it reaches around 1200-1400rpm

If I run stress tests it will mostly apply itself but i noticed sometimes it would not!

Hello has this issue been fixed yet ..? I just bought h150 i and tried many different link software,in SIV it says on powers tab no supported power supply has been found.

Mine is slightly different where everything is fine, shows up fine except i when i try adjust the fans speeds it will delay and slowly reach to near the speeds it should for e.g. it will be on quiet mode at 365rpm to 400rpm if i set to balanced it will delay and then slowly go up to around 600-700rpm ,performance again slowly till it reaches around 1200-1400rpm

If I run stress tests it will mostly apply itself but i noticed sometimes it would not!

This is not the same issue as described above. In an earlier version of Link (4.9.6), some Pro coolers were not responsive to any commands. The interface was stuck for lighting and speed control. There have not been any reports of this on 4.9.7.

If you are having fan control issues on your current version, please list the version number and be as specific as possible. Slowly adjusting to new speeds is exactly was the controller is supposed to do. Most people don't like racy fans.

This is not the same issue as described above. In an earlier version of Link (4.9.6), some Pro coolers were not responsive to any commands. The interface was stuck for lighting and speed control. There have not been any reports of this on 4.9.7.

If you are having fan control issues on your current version, please list the version number and be as specific as possible. Slowly adjusting to new speeds is exactly was the controller is supposed to do. Most people don't like racy fans.

Hi thank you for response, yes i should have been more specific my apologese, now i have come from using a h100i v2 and can fully understand that this would work different but ok i have tried three versions since your response- 4.6.0.86 ,4.9.6.19 & currently 4.9.7.35. This current version 4.9.7.35

Won't respond automatically in stress tests- pump or fans just stay at low, manually at quiet profile fans are at 317 to 350 rpm hitting performance or balance WAS ramping the fans up to 1500 or occasionally 1620rpm after 20-30secs or so. Yes performance or balanced!

Selecting quiet mode would also take 20-30 secs to reach lowest rpm (350avg ) and now what is happening is setting to performance will take up to 2 mins and only up to 1200rpm briefly then go down to low rpm around 700-800rpm on its own balanced similar too, infact at the moment performance mode is runinng at 800rpm and won't move and balanced it runinng as quiet mode. In anycase whatever it does whether ramp up or down it is not in a linear fashion - while going up for e.g. it will go in 60- 100rpm increments and then lower up to 100 rpm then go up again till it reaches its maximum whatever that is at the moment.

The pump speeds do change instantaneously to correspond with each profile but on load it will not respond automatically as will the fans too.

On h150i tab (configure fan ) if i set each fan to max individually ofc they ( the fans ) WILL instantaneously make their way up to top rpm like 3 secs to reach it but changing to low or balanced performance will bring the same issue 0 rpm mode will work.

Regards.

Hi thank you for response, yes i should have been more specific my apologese, now i have come from using a h100i v2 and can fully understand that this would work different but ok i have tried three versions since your response- 4.6.0.86 ,4.9.6.19 & currently 4.9.7.35. This current version 4.9.7.35

Won't respond automatically in stress tests- pump or fans just stay at low, manually at quiet profile fans are at 317 to 350 rpm hitting performance or balance WAS ramping the fans up to 1500 or occasionally 1620rpm after 20-30secs or so. Yes performance or balanced!

Selecting quiet mode would also take 20-30 secs to reach lowest rpm (350avg ) and now what is happening is setting to performance will take up to 2 mins and only up to 1200rpm briefly then go down to low rpm around 700-800rpm on its own balanced similar too, infact at the moment performance mode is runinng at 800rpm and won't move and balanced it runinng as quiet mode. In anycase whatever it does whether ramp up or down it is not in a linear fashion - while going up for e.g. it will go in 60- 100rpm increments and then lower up to 100 rpm then go up again till it reaches its maximum whatever that is at the moment.

The pump speeds do change instantaneously to correspond with each profile but on load it will not respond automatically as will the fans too.

On h150i tab (configure fan ) if i set each fan to max individually ofc they ( the fans ) WILL instantaneously make their way up to top rpm like 3 secs to reach it but changing to low or balanced performance will bring the same issue 0 rpm mode will work.

Regards.

OK, that "bottoming out" and then going back up thing is a little weird and makes me worry a little about the fan controller in the cooler. I would contact Corsair Tech support to get their take on this.

Keep in mind the fans are set to react to coolant temperature and likely also have some sort of hysteresis built into the settings to prevent the ever annoying up/down/up/down from frequent changes. You don't need the fans to react in a rapid fashion on a water cooled system. Slow and steady does the job. Unfortunately, I am on iCUE which has some fan issues of its own right now, so I can't test this directly. However, this is the first report I can remember.

OK, that "bottoming out" and then going back up thing is a little weird and makes me worry a little about the fan controller in the cooler. I would contact Corsair Tech support to get their take on this.

Keep in mind the fans are set to react to coolant temperature and likely also have some sort of hysteresis built into the settings to prevent the ever annoying up/down/up/down from frequent changes. You don't need the fans to react in a rapid fashion on a water cooled system. Slow and steady does the job. Unfortunately, I am on iCUE which has some fan issues of its own right now, so I can't test this directly. However, this is the first report I can remember.

Thank you for your help item was sent back and tested.

Diagnosis: " pump failing to control fan speed" "awaiting replacement" fans were actually going crazy sometimes like performance mode and balanced were same speed and not pushing more than 1200 rpm and all profiles from quiet upward would take 2 mins to reach high and not max at that.

thanks again

Archived