Corsair Community

Just installed 800D, to be honest, not so happy

weipim

Hey guys, after looking on the market for a case for a while, i finally swiped my cc on this case. I set it up last night and to be honest, I am disappointed for my 240bucks spent.

The main reason comes from alignment, not only the pcie graphic cards got slightly bent, but also my psu can't aligned with this case...

the second reason is, this case did not anticipate the 24pin ATX plug on the mb to be placed on the upper left section of the mb that can cause a length problem of psu cables. I spent 1 hour to set up the case and put everything in it and do some cable management, after all that, i am abt to plug the cable and guess what, too short!

This is the first place I am posting my problems to, it is a good looking case and there is a lot of advanteges, but still i think i should reveal my problems.

If the psu 24pin cable isn't reaching isn't that more of a psu problem then a case problem? You should have known this case is very large and long cables may be needed

Yeah but if i had a cheap psu i will not even be bitching about, in my case I have the "famous incompatible" pcpnp 750w that can reach to the middle or lower part of the ram, but my mb set the atx plug on the upper part adjescent to the ram, that's why it can not reache. I know it is a special case, but I am pretty sure it is not the only one. And if shorten cable is not corsair's fault, why do they even bother to include the 8pin/4pin extension huh?

That's Odd, I also own a PCP&C 750 and measured everything out and my 24 pin connector will hit my Asus mobo w/o a problem with some room to spare in this PC case.

Regardless, Call the folks over at PCP&C. For shipping costs and a small fee, they will put a longer cable on that if you so wish. I know a few people who have had it done and it was $30 max.

If you do not wish to do that, I hear Corsair makes one heck of a PSU ;): I'll be getting a 1kw + modular unit when they refresh Big Blue, the new 850 isn't quite enough power for my future plans with this case.

Where did you get it for 240!!!

Just get an extension cable. Honestly (rolleyes)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2512

As for the PCI alignment issue, I too have this ever so slightly. I have fixed it by doing the following:

Tip the case onto it's side so you have the mobo away from you and the front of your body on the front of the case. Press slightly against the back and flex your massive abs a bit and the case should line up. Very quickly screw the cards in. Wherelse can you get a workout while PC building I ask you?

Wow what cry baby.. Sounds like you know nothing about building Computers.

You make things work and you make sure, all of your hardware is setup to work with each other.

Don't come on here! crying putting down 800D... Best Dam Case out right now for high end builds. :sunglasse

Hey guys, after looking on the market for a case for a while, i finally swiped my cc on this case. I set it up last night and to be honest, I am disappointed for my 240bucks spent.

The main reason comes from alignment, not only the pcie graphic cards got slightly bent, but also my psu can't aligned with this case...

the second reason is, this case did not anticipate the 24pin ATX plug on the mb to be placed on the upper left section of the mb that can cause a length problem of psu cables. I spent 1 hour to set up the case and put everything in it and do some cable management, after all that, i am abt to plug the cable and guess what, too short!

This is the first place I am posting my problems to, it is a good looking case and there is a lot of advanteges, but still i think i should reveal my problems.

well if you call 10y of experiences as nothing, then I must say you must be the guru of computer for like hmmm, maybe 50 years? You really got an amazing life man, may be you should try to move on...

I don't deny it is a good case, but simply giving it the best just shown how much you know about computers...

May be 2-300 bucks is a DAM BIG deal for you and it took u a while to have that money and I understand this must be hard for you to listen.

btw, do you even have one? or saw one in real life

Where did you get it for 240!!!

Just get an extension cable. Honestly (rolleyes)

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2512

As for the PCI alignment issue, I too have this ever so slightly. I have fixed it by doing the following:

Tip the case onto it's side so you have the mobo away from you and the front of your body on the front of the case. Press slightly against the back and flex your massive abs a bit and the case should line up. Very quickly screw the cards in. Wherelse can you get a workout while PC building I ask you?

I'm curious why people hear slam people that make comments regarding PSU wire length and always say, just get an extender?

Do you not realize every plug you add creates extra unwanted resistance?

I too have the PSU being talked about and with the Obsidian case was JUST able to plug in my 24 pin cable. But the IDE and accessory cables worked great.

So I figured I'll buy Corsairs HX1000 as surely Corsair would have made the case and PSU compatible. NOT, couldn't believe how short the IDE cables are on this new PSU. So now instead of one tight cable I have a mismash of connector extenders and plugins to deal with on the right side of the case.

The flat component cables are very nice to work with and it was a great idea but they need to be longer to work with this case.

I'm hoping Corsair makes longer cables that I can buy so I don't have this ugly mess to contend with.

The cables on my HX750 worked great in my 800D, did not have to use an extender on any of the cables. The extender being needed is not unique to this case. In fact my Corsair PSU's ( I have 3) cables are longer then the other 2 Non Corsair PSU's that I have.

The cables on my HX750 worked great in my 800D, did not have to use an extender on any of the cables. The extender being needed is not unique to this case. In fact my Corsair PSU's ( I have 3) cables are longer then the other 2 Non Corsair PSU's that I have.

Strange, I wonder if the cables boxed the the HX1000 are shorter for some reason?

Hey nothing is perfect and I do like the case and PSU, just need some longer cables that's all :)

Archived