Corsair Community

CORSAIR Lighting Node PRO, USB 2.0 header workaround?

danthema

Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for your input. i got a pretty off the wall question...I would like to run corsair lead strips externally across my desk. My plan would be to run a separate pcu strait from the wall to the lighting node. however, for the usb 2.0 header from the board... this is where my question comes in. Seeing how im running a laptop, frankly i don't even know if i can access a usb header nor do i want to for obvious reasons...Is there any workaround to run the lighting node to a External USB? if not is there any other way to have rgb strips that can be controlled via icue?

Hi buddy...

yes you can do that.. I do,

I have an external PSU under my desk for sata power along with a usb hub that runs to my rear IO.. i use normal Mini USB cables from the Node Pros to the USB Hub..

All the below is iCUE controlled and all lighting out side the case is though corsairs strips and node pro's

[ame]

[/ame]

Hi buddy...

yes you can do that.. I do,

I have an external PSU under my desk for sata power along with a usb hub that runs to my rear IO.. i use normal Mini USB cables from the Node Pros to the USB Hub..

All the below is iCUE controlled and all lighting out side the case is though corsairs strips and node pro's

Thank you!

Archived