Corsair Community

H80i keeps power cycling

codemonkey21

So I just completed my build and my H80i keeps power cycling. It'll work for maybe a minute and then kicks off and then turns right back on. In windows, you can hear the device disconnected and found sounds each time it happens. When I watch the Device Manager, it refreshes when this happens but I can't seem to figure out which USB device is doing this.

I have an Asus Sabertooth Z87 with the latest firmware (1707) and I'm using Corsair Link Beta (2.5.5145) and updated both the H80i and the AX860i to the newest firmware (1.0.7) that came with the beta.

I've also tried swapping USB headers on the motherboard. Originally the AX860i was connected to the USB1112 and the H80i was connected to the USB1394 header. After I swapped them, Corsair Link detected a change and rebooted, but it's still cycling.

Pump Speed: 2170 rpm

CPU temp: 76 degrees F

Also, the AX860i fan has never turned on... is that normal? Temp is 96 F.

I do have both Asus Suite 3 and Corsair Link beta installed, but I haven't seen any conflicts on sensors.

I just want to resolve this because obviously something isn't configured correctly and the device found sounds are driving me nuts and I have to have my sound on mute.

Build:

Corsair 230T case

Corsair AX860i PSU

Asus Sabertooth Z87

On board graphics (damn R9 280X cards are so expensive!)

Intel i7-4770K

Corsair H80i CPU Cooler

Corsair SP120 PWM Fans (instead of the H80i stock fans)

Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 32 GB

Corsair GS SSD - 480GB

Western Digital Black HDD - 1TB

Pioneer Blu-ray

Work through the info here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120962

Then let us know how you get on ;)

The fan on these PSU's generally doesn't kick in til you proper load them (sure I've seen 40% load quoted somewhere but it actually seems like a lot more). I have only ever heard/seen my psu fan run a couple of times since I upgraded, and my system is folding 24/7

Hey thanks for the info. So I tried the manual method and it didn't seem to resolve anything. The device is still dropping out of the the device manager and back in / doing a complete power cycle (I can see the LED on the H80i turn off and the fans stop).

Actually most of those registry settings except for one were already set to zero. See below how I found them.

AllowIdleIrpInD3 = 1

DeviceSelectiveSuspended = 0

EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled = 0

SelectiveSuspendEnabled = 0

So I switched the 'AllowIdleIrpInD3' to a 0 and rebooted. Doesn't appear to have fixed anything.

I'm going to try to remove the profile, uninstall the beta, reboot and then install again. I think I might have installed the beta over the original install.

So I've tried removing the following;

Remove profile from AppData

Uninstalling the program

Cold Boot

Install Corsair-Link-Installer-RC-v2_5_5145.exe

Regedits to 0

Cold Boot

No dice, still dropping from the device manager about every minute and spinning back up.

Firmware is 1.0.7

No luck. Here's what I tried.

Removed the AX860i USB dongle from one USB mb header to test just the H80i attached to the mb header, then cold boot.

Moved the H80i to the USB mb header that the AX860i was on, but left the AX860i disconnected, then cold boot.

Finally I tried a mini USB to USB and ran it to an external USB port on the back, cold boot.

None of these worked, so I'm not sure what else to try but I'm going crazy.

Okay, so I tried the USB header on my old desktop, while still mounted on my new machine. I left the CPU fan and SATA power on the new machine. It still turns off and on. Also, afterwards I just left the USB connector disconnected and it's still power cycling. When it is connected to a USB header, Link totally can see and measure the fan speeds and pump speed, firmware, etc.

I'm now thinking it's not a USB issue but a power thing. Going to try a different SATA power cable and see what I get.

I took a videos of this happening.

Pump / Fans: [ame]

[/ame]

Corsair Link: [ame]

[/ame]

If I should take it back to the store for an exchange (it's only a week old) or do an RMA with Corsair, let me know. I can't find any other options and this doesn't seem like normal operation.

Archived