Corsair Community

Tequili

I installed the H80i water cooler just before Christmas along with a new mother board, CPU and power supply. Everything has ran perfectly fine for the past 2 months. I was getting around 30*C for idle temps and under max load the CPU only got to about 55*C after 10 minutes. All of a sudden the thermal radar gave me a warning that my CPU was above 65 degrees while playing a medium-demanding game where my CPU usage is only around 15-30%. The weird part is now, sitting at the desktop the CPU stays around 35*C and as soon as I open any program such as my web browser the CPU spikes to 45-50 Degrees in about 20 seconds. Typing this post right now my temp is 60*C only with Chrome open with one tab and thermal radar. It randomly shuts off and I actually had to retype this because of it. I have already tried to reseat the cooler and it had no effect on the temps. The radiator does not feel hot and only one of the tubes feels warm sometimes while the other is cooler. The fans run at max speed almost all the time and hot air does not seem to be coming out. I checked Corsair Link and it says that the pump is running. But all the research I have done has led me to believe that the pump is broke in the cooler, but I'm new to this. I'm most likely just going to try to RMA it. Any other advice or tips? :D:

I as well am currently in this same boat. H80i. First I had issues with even getting link to launch so i reinstalled windows completely. Now that is complete I can actually get Link to open, everything is reporting fine except I am just watching my water temp spike.

On top of that when I feel the hoses one hose is INSANELY hotter than the other.

Looking over this forum is disgusting though. The amount of stickied topics is appalling.

I deserve better from Corsair, on top of that the original post i had about Link not launching was never addressed.

I am going to try the firm ware update from the stickied post that says dont do this unless you have to, I dont know what the **** that means but at this point I am guessing i have to.

Honestly, do you guys not even read your own ****?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=118867

That is a horrible instruction set for fixing what they say is to "help solve a specific issue and not everyone will have to do this update."

I have never bad mouthed your company before but like i said this is appalling for your company.

I would also like to mention that my computer is constantly over heating because of this issue. About to ditch your product all together.

edit: update: installed link2 and the updated firmware. No changes.

spend a few minutes,count the # of issues you see and take that from the tens of thousands of coolers sold worldwide,then decide if its a big issue

for you yes and most unfortunate

but overall a very low failure rate

Corsair will certainly take care of any issues

It doesn't matter how many units sold. It is how pathetic this forum is for such a prestige company.

Top quality products with poor unorganized support sprinkled in stickied posts.

As well as their support staff answering some posts but seemingly ignoring others.

actually the majority of questions can be answered using the search feature which is why older posts are stored ,the mods do have other duties other than being on the forum 24/7,another reason for the search feature,

its very hard to just sit and wait for a post to pop up asking for help,surely you understand this

id suggest per your initial post starting a rma and get your unit replaced

a rma request can be found on each forum page at the lower left

take care

ehhh I am still tacking this up as pathetic customer support. Spin it anyway you want this is atrocious for a company like Corsair.

Search returned nothing but more confusion as there are 2 different link installers, one listed here, one on the product page. (edit not to mention the amount of updates in both applications and firmware)

Confusion also comes from firmware instructions with out clear reasons as to why you would want to update BUT you shouldnt update if it "works correctly".

12 stickied posts.

I think this is pretty clear given that within 2 days 3 people have reported the same issue, all with out a proper response yet.

Overall Corsair needs to re-evaluate their forums.

Edit; and if i click support on link application and it takes me to the subcateogries on this forum and I see a category COOLING then I can assume that is where i put my support ticket. So yes I would expect them having someone watch the threads since they sell "tens of thousands" of these and this is there support line.

edit again: sounds like anyway to get any support for cooling issues is to instantly file an RMA.

I found a solution to my problem link not working ,ran an another usb cord out side pc .

plug in AFTER pc starts ,I use the higher current usb port . link works now with all systems showing. for some reason link does not like booting while plugged in. driver wont load while plugged in. h80i works now thanks .

no,the pump isnt considered ''traffic for the internet

its likely a usb device conflicting ...

I think your right , mine now working now I really thought this was broke .

for three day when I first got it worked fine then blamo . I hope they put out a fix . :confused:

I think your right , mine now working now I really thought this was broke .

for three day when I first got it worked fine then blamo . I hope they put out a fix . :confused:

the problem is the way usb ports handle its data traffic,,thats why when this occurs i advise to connect to a rear usb port,i have 3 ran this way and they perform nearly perfect...

Archived