Corsair Community

Assigned macros not working but they used to.

Poptropic

I had set macros to my keyboard for use in games, mostly console commands. For example I had one in Insurgency to type "snd_restart" in the console to restart the sound and I had one in Fallout 4 to type commands such as "player.setav carryweight " into the command line. These macros that I had set, saved and worked perfectly. Saved a lot of time and it was great. I tried to use them again after a week of them working perfectly (Only owned the keyboard for 2 weeks) and they don't work anymore for a reason unknown to me. I didn't change any settings regarding the macros and the keys themselves still work. It really baffles me because they went from working perfectly to not activating at all without any changes from me. This also means for me that I have no idea how to fix the problem. I have tried settings recoveries from back-up files, redownloading the software and making sure it is up to date, reassigning the macros, creating entire new profiles and creating new macros to see if that would make a difference, and I still have not found a solution.

I am computer literate to some extent but no IT guy what-so-ever. This is a great keyboard and I want some help sorting out this small technical hitch so I can use my macros again.

Please help and Cheers to anyone who does!

Do you have multiple profiles in CUE?

Is the profile where the assigned key changes have been made been set as the default profile or linked to a program?

Upload one of your profiles here, so we can check whether it is working on our side as well.

Yes I have multiple profiles and they are set to "linked to a program". I have tried setting them to default to see if that would change anything and it didn't.

The two profiles that have macros in them should be attached to this reply. New to this so sorry if they don't work. The macros are in the G keys and are highlighted by different colours in the lighting profile so they should be easy to find.

Insurgency.prf

Fallout 4.prf

The macros are working fine in notepad on my side.

What version of CUE are you using and firmware is the keyboard on?

Have you tried reinstalling CUE?

Have you tried a different USB port?

Do you see "Corsair composite virtual input device' in Device Manager under Human interface devices?

Okay so turns out that the most current version is 1.14.43. I had assumed I was running the current version considering I had re-downloaded it ... silly me haha.

Updated it and now everything works perfectly.

Thanks for you time and help mate. Really needed fresh eyes on it and it pointed me in the right direction and it's all fixed!

Thanks again.

Archived