Corsair Community

Glaive Mouse Repeated Firmware Failure

NeverAgain

Just about ready to throw this useless mouse in the bin and buy something decent instead.

Everytime I turn the PC on, Icue either crashes and the mouse never works... or it tells me there's an update to 3.14 which fails every time rendering the mouse non functional.

Each time this happens I have to force stop the icue software and unplug the mouse. Restart the software and plug the mouse back in.

I'm getting sick of it... I wish I'd never bought it or anything else from corsair. I should have known better after their useless keyboard failed 13 months after purchase... But I'd already bought it by then for the convenience of only having one 'brand' bit of software on my system... Never again.

• Corsair Employee

Try performing a Clean Install of the software and see if that helps with the crashing: https://support.corsair.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/77/kw/clean

If that doesn't work, try instead making it so the software is booting in Admin mode. To do this, go to the iCUE exe file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software. It is titled iCUE.exe. Then, right click it and select Properties. Go to the Compatibility tab and select Run this Program as an Administrator. Then select Apply and OK.

See if those offer an improvement over the crashing.

Also, considering the issue with the Glaive, it may just be a poor connection between the mouse and the software caused by the ports being used. Try moving the mouse over to the back of the computer, using the ports nearer the top of of the board. If already there, try moving it to another USB stack and see if that offers an improvement in connection.

You can also go into Settings in iCUE and select the mouse. Try turning the Polling Rate down to 4.

• 4 months later...
Ive searched all through the interwebs trying to fix my situation im in. CHANGING THE POLLING RATE TO 4 WORKED <3. I normally would never make an account just to post this but THIS ACTUALLY WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH. @Corsair Calico Jack :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

• 3 months later...
Ive searched all through the interwebs trying to fix my situation im in. CHANGING THE POLLING RATE TO 4 WORKED <3. I normally would never make an account just to post this but THIS ACTUALLY WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH. @Corsair Calico Jack :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I can confirm this also works...unbelievable! Thank you so much