Corsair Community

RMA approved but 1 question

jkcor

1 of 8 DIMMs failed, and RMA was approved (ticket #852269). The retail box also included the "Vengeance Airflow" fans. I understand I must send in all 8 DIMMs. Am I expected to also send in everything else that was in the retail box such as the fans and connection kits for the fans?

EDIT: received replacement DIMMs on 2/22.

Well, may be it was going too smoothly. I shipped the 8 DIMM sticks to Fremont, CA, on Friday (2/15). USPS is scheduled to deliver by tomorrow, Tuesday (2/19).

Today (2/18), I received this message from support:

Sincerest apologies for the late reply, unfortunately your original part number is out of stock. I've also tried looking for alternative replacements but they're out of stock aswell. At this point, i cannot find another replacement for you that would be compatible with the Vengeance airflow fans. The only three options at this point would be to wait for this to be in stock, that you would be okay with a replacement of another series but will be unable to use the Vengeance Airflow fans or to request for a refund which would be for approval.

Please notify us with your decision.

I replied that I don't need the Vengeance Airflow fans, and will accept 128GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX DIMMs that will work in my system without the Vengeance Airflow fans.

But now I'm curious. What is meant by "other series"?

• Corsair Employee

Hello jkcor,

Another series as in the Dominators, or another vengeance Series. I am still looking into your ticket to see if the representative that responded to the ticket found all possible replacements. Can you please check out your ticket and respond on there?

Best,

Wootaru

Thank you, Corsair support team. I received the replacement DIMMs this morning, and they are working great in my workstation.

Special thanks to Michael "Corsair Wootaru", who went above and beyond to take ownership of my case and quickly resolved potential confusion and delay in locating the replacement parts. Corsair sent them on the same day they received my old DIMMs, and I'm a very happy customer.

joe

Archived