The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:12 PM
bMkLEGENDEN bMkLEGENDEN is offline
Registered User
bMkLEGENDEN's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
POST ID # = 989359
bMkLEGENDEN Reputation: 10
Default h80i problem after mobo upgrade

Hi!

I just changed my motherboard from a Asus Maximus VIII Ranger to a Maximus X Hero, after that change i cant see my H80i pump in device manger or corsair linked.

Have checked the CPU_FAN and fixed so the QFAN is disabled, checked the USB Cable.

Right now i have no clue what to do, everything worked fine before the motherboard upgrade.

Please help, thanks
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old 01-12-2019, 06:38 AM
Avilon Avilon is offline
Registered User
Avilon's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 20
POST ID # = 989440
Avilon Reputation: 10
Unhappy

I also "lost" connection to the h80i and now my fans run at full and its very loud
I didnt upgrade my mother board but the pump is not showing up in device manager or link 4.
tried disconnecting the usb restarting and connecting again but no go.

what else can I try?
Reply With Quote


  #3  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:01 AM
Krokarn Krokarn is offline
Registered User
Krokarn's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Sweden
Posts: 175
POST ID # = 989607
Krokarn Reputation: 10
Default

Did you reinstall Windows after change the motherboard?
Reply With Quote


  #4  
Old 01-14-2019, 03:20 PM
GuruSR GuruSR is offline
Registered User
GuruSR's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 989872
GuruSR Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avilon View Post
I also "lost" connection to the h80i and now my fans run at full and its very loud
I didnt upgrade my mother board but the pump is not showing up in device manager or link 4.
tried disconnecting the usb restarting and connecting again but no go.

what else can I try?
ASUS usually gives (in most board boxes) a DVD with a full setup, did you run this to ensure the proper drivers for that new board are installed? You may be missing something there. Also, check the BIOS under the USB configuration and check the separate USB ports to ensure the one you have it plugged into is indeed enabled (also would be a good time to turn off ones that have nothing connected to them so troubleshooting USB connections later won't have you sifting through a whole bunch of unused HUBs).

Right click on "This PC" or "Computer" and select "Manage", this will get you to Computer Management where you can get to the Device Manager to look for drivers that are complaining, if nothing is complaining, open the USB up to see if you see the H80i, if it's not there, go into the "View" menu and select "Show Hidden Devices", if you see any H80i's (Corsair USBXp Driver) in there, remove all of them. Click on "Action" menu and "Scan for hardware changes", make sure to watch the USB section, it should show you what is happening when the H80i is installing, if you see nothing then double check the header you plugged it into and possibly move it to another empty header and try it again.

GuruSR.
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
  #5  
Old 01-15-2019, 01:08 PM
Corsair Jam Corsair Jam is offline
Corsair Employee
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 179
POST ID # = 990003
Corsair Jam Reputation: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruSR View Post
ASUS usually gives (in most board boxes) a DVD with a full setup, did you run this to ensure the proper drivers for that new board are installed? You may be missing something there. Also, check the BIOS under the USB configuration and check the separate USB ports to ensure the one you have it plugged into is indeed enabled (also would be a good time to turn off ones that have nothing connected to them so troubleshooting USB connections later won't have you sifting through a whole bunch of unused HUBs).

Right click on "This PC" or "Computer" and select "Manage", this will get you to Computer Management where you can get to the Device Manager to look for drivers that are complaining, if nothing is complaining, open the USB up to see if you see the H80i, if it's not there, go into the "View" menu and select "Show Hidden Devices", if you see any H80i's (Corsair USBXp Driver) in there, remove all of them. Click on "Action" menu and "Scan for hardware changes", make sure to watch the USB section, it should show you what is happening when the H80i is installing, if you see nothing then double check the header you plugged it into and possibly move it to another empty header and try it again.

GuruSR.
GuruSR hit this on the head. Be sure to install your drivers from your CD or directly from your motherboard manufacturer website. Typically, the website is the best option as they may have newer drivers available for download compared to the cd.
Reply With Quote


  #6  
Old 01-27-2019, 12:03 PM
GuruSR GuruSR is offline
Registered User
GuruSR's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 17
POST ID # = 991540
GuruSR Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Jam View Post
GuruSR hit this on the head. Be sure to install your drivers from your CD or directly from your motherboard manufacturer website. Typically, the website is the best option as they may have newer drivers available for download compared to the cd.
One of the things we do when replacing motherboards is forcing Windows to rebuild the driver database with the presented motherboard DVD (or the entire contents of that DVD onto a USB stick), so that when the machine reboots, it re-installs all of the drivers needed for that motherboard, this way it forces the original driver files onto the system, there is no cross-contamination of driver files that were updated for the old board that may not properly function with the new one. Windows may see those updated components of the driver as updated and will leave them in place (why "Driver Updaters" are a bad idea). Most likely this person could be having a cross-contamination of the driver file(s) and diagnosing that is like finding a needle in space. Would recommend a force rebuild from the motherboard DVD, then go to the website for the motherboard and download the latest and update them all, see if that issue vanishes. Can the new board see the cooler from the BIOS?

GuruSR.
Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
urgent help

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.