Corsair Community

Padlock 2 doesn't lock anymore

Kold

Hi, I've bought a Padlock 2 3 months ago and this drive works pretty well so far. But, 3 days ago, the drive stopped locking after disconnecting from a pc. When I push the KEY button, the 2 lights flash (Orange and Green), but then, without having to enter the PIN, the Green Light stay on and I can access the drive on my PC. I've disconnect the PADLOCK several times and try to enter a wrong PIN, but even then, the drive remains unlock even when not in use for many hours.

I also try the procedure in the security announcement for the PADLOCK 2, but I can't even pass step 1 as the drive remain always Unlock.

Does someone have a clue about this issue or did I get a broken USB drive?

**The data on the drive is still there and I can access, copy and write on the drive.

Thanks

Kold

• Corsair Employee
In the manual there is way to reset the drive, under trouble shooting please try that and if it still will not lock properly then please use the link on the left and request an RMA ad we will be happy to replace it.

• 8 years later...
I bought padlock v2 but I do not use it much and i could forget pin number. So I reset the pin number by using method 911 and I format the drive as well. I try to set the pin number again. I could not set it at all. I press the key and hold for 3 sec and release it. The red and green lock alternate blinking and after that it shows only green lock. It completely open and I can go directly to drive and store data but I can not set the pin number at all. Can you have some instructions how to set up the pin number again. Thank.

Archived