Corsair Community

Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866 Freeze In BIOS?

CybaGirl

Hello Peeps,

Hoping someone here might know what is going on with my Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866 RAM. I basically have a matched pair of 2 x 8GB giving me a total of 16GB RAM.

Now this RAM is brand new and never been used before. It has basically been in storage and was still factory sealed. Now I recently upgraded one of my gaming computers with this RAM. See my profile for full specs of what I have inside this computer.

Anyway the issue I have come across is. If I don't plug a video card into the PCI slot and go into the BIOS everything seems fine although some graphic corruption on the back arrow of the settings.

But as soon as I plugged a video card in and then access the BIOS the computer freezes up.

So I took one stick of the RAM out to see what happens and it seems that with this one particular stick of RAM removed everything is fine. Meaning I can go into the BIOS and it does not freeze.

So to make sure it was the RAM and not the motherboard I then moved the working stick into the other slot and there was no freezing.

So I put the stick back in that I took out and tried it in different slots but again the BIOS would freeze on me.

So has anyone come across this issue before or might know what is going on?

Again this doesn't seem to happen when you use the on board video only when I have a video card plugged in. One thing I did notice though as mentioned before when using the on board video there is some graphic corruption on the back arrow inside the BIOS.

I have since taken out all of the Corsair RAM and I have switched to some GSkill Sniper 1600Mhz 16GB ram and there is no issue at all.

So would it be fair to say that there is something wrong with one of the sticks of the Corsair RAM?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.