Corsair Community

GT 120Gb problems with updating firmware

Miu

Hello, I have some problems with updating my GT 120Gb SSD. I wanted to enable TRIM on my drive and thought that I should update my SSD, I read what I had to do etc... Since my SSD is in some weird single raid mode I took it out of my computer and put it in another pc where AHCI was enabled.

I Started the process there, but as soon as I had opened the Field Updater everything quickly came to an halt. It said my drive signature was 142.142.27474 and none of the files provided with the 120Gb GT folder did not have any of those numbers.

So I humbly ask for some serious help :)

Best regards Miu.

What do you mean " I wanted to enable TRIM on my drive..."? TRIM is a part of your OS, not your drive. Your drive is compatible with TRIM.

Also, why can you not post a screenshot? That would be helpful to us.

I ment that I would like to enable TRIM support, your SSD tool says my drive is not compatible with TRIM so I thought that the SSD firmware needed an update. I can't give you a screenshot of the field updater because I would need to remove my ssd from my computer, then install it in another computer. And for the time being I don't have the time to remove it again to give you a screenshot.

I ment that I would like to enable TRIM support, your SSD tool says my drive is not compatible with TRIM so I thought that the SSD firmware needed an update. I can't give you a screenshot of the field updater because I would need to remove my ssd from my computer, then install it in another computer. And for the time being I don't have the time to remove it again to give you a screenshot.
Can't you just run the SSD Toolbox on the machine the drive is in now? :confused:

As for TRIM support, you are interpreting the message incorrectly. The toolbox is telling you that the toolbox cannot perform TRIM operations on the drive because it is marked as part of a RAID array. Not 100% sure about AMD yet but Intel has TRIM support for drives in RAID mode.

Can't you just run the SSD Toolbox on the machine the drive is in now? :confused:

As for TRIM support, you are interpreting the message incorrectly. The toolbox is telling you that the toolbox cannot perform TRIM operations on the drive because it is marked as part of a RAID array. Not 100% sure about AMD yet but Intel has TRIM support for drives in RAID mode.

Thats just what I wrote... I have run the SSD toolbox on my computer. Well it obous doesnt support it. But none of you have answered my question. I told you that the last numbers of the signature does not fit with any of the files provided.

• Administrators

If your question is why can't you update the firmware, I then have to ask you to please follow my previous instructions:

Please post a pic of the software showing the signature.
Yes, I'm aware that your signature is 142.142.27474, but I still need the screenshot.

If your question is why can't you update the firmware, I then have to ask you to please follow my previous instructions:

Yes, I'm aware that your signature is 142.142.27474, but I still need the screenshot.

Could you plase tell me why you need the screenshot? Just want to know what you will be looking for. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We maintain a database of firmwares for our SSDs. This is where the updates come from. We want to verify what firmware your drive requires and make sure that the problem with updating is not on our end.

It's been over 1 month since I gave you the screenshots you guys insisted on having. Have you verified what firmware my drive requires? :D:

• 3 months later...

Well, I'm interested on this post. (And in all its possible answers)

Yesterday I received a new ForceGT with the same signature than you (142-142-27474) and the 5.24 firmware.

The SSD Case is not the same it used to be (it's weaker and very thin). Furthermore, I thought that the latest firmware for CORSAIR FORCEGT drives was the 5.05 (as it appears in corsair's web).

A little bit strange, isn't it?

Archived