Corsair Community

CMFSSD-128GBG2D Erase Block Size

BOFHRAF

I have read the other post, but it does not answer the question... :[pouts:

First of all, I'm using XP where the first partition is misaligned. Second, if I use two SSDs in a Raid 0 array, the stripe size should be set accordingly and third the NTFS cluster size also has an influence.

I please you to answer the question of the Erase Block Size.

Best Regards,

BOFHRAF

There is no overall DEFAULT size! Depending on the Raid Controller, the Operating System and the File System there are different sizes to be considered which have to be coordinated well.

Why can't you simply answer my question?

Thanks

BOFHRAF

first option if you have an Vista pc simple way is to Plug the SSD into it and delete the partition from disk manager and then remake the partition and format it at 4068 bytes Very Important that you Only do an quick format on samsung based SSDs or you have to do an low level format to fix the SSD degraded state (full format will slow the SSD down)

as vista is aware of alignment it sets up the drive correctly,

once you shut pc down plug the SSD into the computer that wants windows XP loading do the norm install make sure you pick leave file system intact or quick format when it asks (again never do an full format)

or via PM

set it to (64 sectors) 32KB or (128 sectors ) 64KB

64KB seems to recommended

exit the vista disk and start XP install make sure quick format is done (you have to as its blank partition), never an full format

ram guy XP does not align the partition correctly, vista/2008 server and higher does

Actually RG, since he's using a RAID array, there could be a difference. John only tested single disk performance.

Lets have him test it! I'm pretty sure all NAND controller tech is pretty much standard so I'd bet the erase block size is 512kb (524288 bytes).

Jason

Archived