Corsair Community

[STRAFE CH-9000505-NA/RF] Computer Won't Boot with Firmware v3.08 Installed

VeganChocolate

With firmware v3.08 installed, my computer won't boot.

It hangs at post, right before the post memory test would normally be performed.

I'm left with four options:

1. Unplug the keyboard at post and plug it back in.
    This is unacceptable for two reasons: It will wear out the USB connector & port, and it strips me of my ability to choose a different OS from my boot menu (because the keyboard doesn't become usable until Windows boots up).

2. Press F1+WinLock to enable BIOS mode.
    This is unacceptable because the scroll lock light will always be flashing and the iCUE software doesn't recognize the keyboard when it's in BIOS mode.

3. Enable BIOS mode at post then disable BIOS mode (by holding F1+WinLock for three seconds) once Windows has booted up.
    Some people might be able to tolerate this option but it would be too obnoxious for me. I'd end up switching to a different keyboard.

4. Revert to older firmware (such as v2.05) that doesn't have this problem.

Option 4 is what is what I'm currently going with.

I'm posting here to report the issue to Corsair, share my findings with the community and ask the following questions:

• Will a new firmware version be released to fix this issue?
    If not, could you please post a sticky to warn STRAFE owners to not update their firmware, and, in that sticky, include links for downloading older firmware versions so people who already updated to v3.08 can revert?

• Were there any firmware releases between v2.05 and v3.08 and, if so, where can I download them?

• Will you please add all STRAFE firmware files to the download section for the STRAFE keyboard? As of writing this, there's nothing there but the iCUE software installer.

Computer:

MB: GIGABYTE GA-G33M-S2L

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400

RAM: 4GB CORSAIR XMS2 DDR2 800

GPU: GeForce GTX560

Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE CH-9000505-NA/RF

Mouse: Logitech MX518

iCUE: 3.12.118

Archived