Corsair Community

What is going on?

mrnerd

Getting more than a little irritated with the Corsair brand now. Over the past week I've ordered 4 x SP120 fans, a corsair commander and a lighting node pro. Out of that lot- 1 fan worked, the commander pro is as glitchy as anything and the lighting node pro simply will not be detected neither direct from USB header or plugged into the C Pro. So out of all of those products I have 1 that kind of works but is so noisy and being 3 pin is crap.

I've sent messages to Corsair- Zero response along with my pre sales questions on the ML series. Great show Corsair! Honestly, you need to give your head a wobble if you think this level of Quality Control is acceptable when a single customer can get almost a 90% level of defects across 1 week of orders!!!

Anyone here going to convince me this is a rare occurrence or is everything corsair branded in my case going back?

• Corsair Employee
I'm sorry to hear the troubles you're having. It is definitely rare to see something like this happen. It could be some other factors that are causing some of these issues. If you like, PM me your ticket and I can look into the matter.

Other factors? It's an external controller! My PC is fine, all other USB 2.0 devices are fine except anything corsair! A fan controller that randomly decides to stop controlling a pwm channel then magically start controlling it again after forcing a firmware upgrade 5 times (what if that was a water pump?). Fans that are broken, grinding with no LEDs working or 1 LED working (all other fans are fine). And on the 1 fan that worked you couldn't even reduce the RPM below 900- even for 3 pin fans that's crap. So what other factors can contribute to only Corsair products not working to spec or being faulty?

Yes, your fans were setup correctly through your rgb fan hub, yes the PWM channel was set to 3 pin, yes, SP Series x4 was selected in lighting setup, yes, I've tried different usb headers, yes I've tried uninstalling iCue- everything tried, your devices are fubar.

It gets worse- now after a normal restart the C-Pro simply will not be recognised by Windows and as if by magic the lighting node pro magically got recognised. So 3 faulty fans and a Commander Pro in the space of a week and all faulty on delivery as it now appears- brilliant quality.

Awesome- now to tear down my PC - A-G-A-I-N as a result of this and send yet another Corsair product back. Shame I don't get a refund on my time spent as a result of this!

All faulty items have been returned, I ordered a c pro to get here ASAP, just plugged it in and works, node pro plugged into it works but the difference in sound my pump is now making as a result of having a working co pro is huge (alot quiter) so hopefully the faulty one didn't damage the pump permanently.

I've given up on the whole corsair rgb fan thing though. Ml series rgb 800 rpm slower than none rgb (according to corsair who answered my question after a week), they only sell in packs of three WITH a node pro with no option without and the other fans are too noisy for me or lack the static pressure I want. The ml120 pro none rgb doesn't even come in a dual pack so I've had to order 10 none pro ml 120's in dual packs (great pricing structure corsair). Lucky the ez diy fab 5v fan frames work with corsair channels as 2 strips so that may work, the 12v phanteks frames work with an rgb hub but sadly corsair don't sell them individually or don't in the UK anyway.

All faulty items have been returned, I ordered a c pro to get here ASAP, just plugged it in and works, node pro plugged into it works but the difference in sound my pump is now making as a result of having a working co pro is huge (alot quiter) so hopefully the faulty one didn't damage the pump permanently.

I've given up on the whole corsair rgb fan thing though. Ml series rgb 800 rpm slower than none rgb (according to corsair who answered my question after a week), they only sell in packs of three WITH a node pro with no option without and the other fans are too noisy for me or lack the static pressure I want. The ml120 pro none rgb doesn't even come in a dual pack so I've had to order 10 none pro ml 120's in dual packs (great pricing structure corsair). Lucky the ez diy fab 5v fan frames work with corsair channels as 2 strips so that may work, the 12v phanteks frames work with an rgb hub but sadly corsair don't sell them individually or don't in the UK anyway.

Hopefully you haven't committed the wrong way. An ML fan is the same blade, whether it is a RGB, Pro, or plain stock grey like what you ordered. As such, the static pressure is identical across all fans when at the same speed. Static pressure is the amount of negative pressure required to reduce the fan speed to zero. That is not a very useful metric when talking about fans running at 1500 rpm. Your 2400 rpm ML fans will move more air and have a fatter looking static pressure than the RGB version, but only if you are willing to run them faster than the 1600 rpm of the RGB model. Perhaps you do wish to run 10 fans at 2000+ rpm. That does not necessarily mean your system will run cooler. If all it took was blasting more air at something, then everyone would be running those 4000-6000 rpm industrial turbines.

If you really want RGB fans, you should do it. Buying 10 of something you don't really want doesn't seem like a good plan. I am not sure where all of your information is coming from. The ML120 RGB certainly is sold individually. You will still need the requisite LNP/C-Pro and RGB Lighting Hub hardware for bunches of 6. What difference does it make if the ML120 Pro black is sold as single or dual pack? The price is the same. The dual pack grey fans you bought have the same specification, but obviously the appearance is difference and they cost less. It is a stripped down version of the Pro. If that's what you want, then you picked the right one.

Either you don't know your product pricing or you've been wildly misinformed - 23 quid for a single fan or 63 for a triple pack WITH node pro and hub. How's that the same price? Dual pack ml120 is 22 quid but single fan is (actually you CAN'T buy a single ml120 lmao). So, how are they the same price? I have also spent an hour finding differences between pro and none pro across forums (as corsair appear to have omitted the info) and it boils down to some rubber pads, I always mount fans on silicon anti vibration pads or with a foam rubber pad so the rubber pads are of no relevance. I just wish arctic did the p12 pwm with higher rpm and flow as at 38 a pack of 5 and the ability to daisy chain them they're great fans and silent at 1000rpm.

I know exactly what corsair are doing with their pricing structure and it's not about looking after existing customers.

As for the static airflow- sorry mate but I'm not stupid and if I wanted the lower 1600 rpm values I'd have purchased them. I have an x5680 overclocked to 5.1ghz and it gets quite toastie when I'm rendering, even across the 480mm of radiators I have for the cpu so I want fans with good flow at higher rpm that can run when I'm not there but nice and quiet at low rpm while I'm just doing normal stuff- the high range gives that option, your rgb do not.

Besides, I'm thinking of switching this build into a sinclair C5 (I restore them as a hobby) inspired build (x58 is a bit retro like tbe C5) and the grey will work great with that (grey interior, white outer, probs a yellow pastel coolant with yellow and orange lighting). Just need to get my dremel, rattle cans amd vinyl out.

The ML120 RGB triple pack includes a LNP and RGB Lighting hub that sell for $40 and $10 individually. Those are required parts for RGB builds. I am not sure why you think they should be free, but that is the price discrepancy in your triple vs single calculation. A price discount on the LNP plus normal market changes. Is your complaint the triple back doesn’t sell for £100?

Nobody on here is a mind reader. If you want specific or focused answers, on you need to supply more information about what you’re trying to do. All I see above is a rant and nothing to suggest a measure of technical knowledge. For your specific set up, you may see some cooling benefit at the higher speeds, but that likely depends on your radiator density and several other small factors. Regardless, you do seem to know what you’ve purchased and it probably is the right fit for you. That was my concern. Given your continued comparison of apples, oranges, and bananas above, it was unclear.

You've totally missed any point- multi pack fans are CHEAPER than single pack fans- why do you think people buy multi pack? Because they like less packaging? No, because they are cheaper. Except with corsair who only want to sell triple pack fans with a lighting node (your existing customers have these) meaning you're offering zero price saving to existing customers. If you sold a triple pack with NO lighting node then awesome but you don't. Telling me I'm comparing apples and oranges - what a bellend, you don't even understand the point I'm getting at and I'm really now understanding the thousands of reviews slagging off corsair. Not as greedy as thermaltake but getting there.

I've cancelled the order on those fans, I don't want anything else Corsair in any system I build. There's far, far better products elsewhere for the money that come with far higher QC, staff who answer questions in less than a week and who provide actual customer support instead of palming things off to forums. 30 years of systems building and I've never had this level os atrocious quality and that includes alibaba purchases.90 percent fail rate on delivery! What a god damn joke.

No, I understand perfectly. You are upset you don't get the single fan at 1/3 the cost of the discounted triple pack. I have neither the time nor inclination to tutor you through several years of business economics, sales strategy, and market price valuations, but as an adult you should be able to figure it out on your own. The triple pack is discounted. The single fan is not. You're mad they are not on sale. Your mad the fan you bought doesn't come in a 10 pack with an even further discounted price.

Also thinking as an full grown adult, you may want to consider that your continued frustration with attempts to gather information and converse with others may be directly related to the manner in which you ask. It seems unlikely this frustration of your's is limited to Corsair or computer hardware in general. Good luck with your life.

Are you f#@cking stupid? I want to buy a triple pack but why should i buy 4 triple packs each with a node pro and rgb hub when I don't bloody need them!! Honest to God! Why is there no option to buy a triple pack WITHOUT a node pro? Thus allowing your customers, those already with light nodes, rgb hubs etc to buy a triple pack and save money!

Sometimes giving someone credit for having common sense just doesn't work.

The way I interact with a company employee trying to be a smart **** when that company have provided a load of faulty equipment possibly damaging my equipment without even a %#cking apology is bad? You just can't make this up.

Ah, so just a tit throwing petrol on the fire? Nice one.

I'm not asking for discount snowflake, I'm asking why they're pricing structure is geared only at attracting new customers, not looking after existing ones but we've already established you've zero common sense but like to interfere.

Do me a favour and jog on.

Several posts up you stated you cancelled your order and are done with Corsair. I am not sure what else there is to discuss, unless the entire point of this thread was to illustrate how poorly you’ve been treated as a means to acquire something for free or this bulk order discount you’re driving at. That was my original interpretation of your “convince me to stay” gambit. I reconsidered later on thinking you had become lost in product differentiation, but that was never the case. My mistake. Continue on with your negotiations. I am done with you.

Ah, so just a tit throwing petrol on the fire? Nice one.

I'm not asking for discount snowflake, I'm asking why they're pricing structure is geared only at attracting new customers, not looking after existing ones but we've already established you've zero common sense but like to interfere.

Do me a favour and jog on.

Dude ... c-attack is one of the smartest and most helpful users on here. You've abused and berated him and launched personal attacks multiple times. No one deserves to be spoken to that way, especially someone spending their own time answering your questions. Super uncool.

Archived