Corsair Community

Fans do not listen to iCUE

PixelMonitor

Hello dear Community,

I have a problem with my H150i water cooling and my Corsair 120SP case fans connected to the Commander Pro.

I can adjust everything but one fan via iCUE for water cooling not. It can't be adjusted and always turns 1600 RPM. Now I switched the 4 PIN plugs and suddenly the other fan turns 1600 and the one that was just so loud can now be adjusted. I suspect that one of the 4 PIN sockets is broken. Is there anything I can do? :/

The other problem concerns the 120 SP in the Co Pro. They can't be turned under 700 RPM. No matter if I use the quiet profile or my own curve, they are always at least 700 RPM or completely off. That's totally stupid. Via BIOS I can even control them to 500 RPM. Why is it not possible with the Co Pro? :/

Thank you all very much. :)

PS: The bigger problem is with the water cooling, because 1600 RPM is quite loud. But I would be very happy if I could get both problems under control. Because the Co Pro was not cheap. :D

The SP120-RGB fans have a 7v minimum run voltage, so 7/12 x maximum speed is what you get. Asus does some tricks with their controller to get fans to run below specifications, but it doesn’t always work. If those measly 200 rpm are really that important, move the fan control to the motherboard and give up your desktop control through iCUE. That doesn’t seem like a good trade, but your choice.

The H150i is more concerning. A broken pin you could see and it may be a defect in wire. Either way if you keep moving a new fan to that same connection and each time the fan is stuck at 100%, then it appears there is a problem with the tachometer wire. Please confirm you are using the ML120 PWM fans that came with the cooler. A temporary solution would be to move the radiator fans to the presumably empty Commander Pro fan control slots 4,5,6. Within iCUE you will be able to change the control to H150i temp (coolant temperature) and set the same control levels you have through the cooler.

Thanks for your help. :)

Ok I didn't know that about the SP fans. Then I just will use what I prefer.

And yes I use the fans that were already built into the cooler.

Now I followed your advice and connected the fans to the Commander Pro. And see there: It works! I can now regulate everything via iCUE. :)

It really seems as if the one pin slot is broken. Well, I think about the Co Pro it works too. Otherwise I would have to send all the cooler back. :/

Thanks for your detailed help. :)

Yes, I am afraid that is the current state of affairs. Whether you go through the purchase vendor or Corsair directly, you would likely need to return the H150i in its entirety, which is certainly a downer. As arduous as that may seem, with some purchase vendors you can get a rapid replacement in 48 hours, which might be tolerable. Down the road you will need to go through Corsair and that will take longer.

It is not required to use the ML120-Quiet fans that came with the H150i, but I wanted to make sure you had not connected more 3 pin DC SP120-RGBs. Several people recently have tried that, not realizing the AIO fan controller is PWM only and won't work with 3 pin fans. To that end and now that you are functional, you can try connecting other 4 pin PWM fans (if you have any around) to verify the one fan connector really does max out for any fan connected. It would be a shame to send it back unless really necessary.

I only have the Fans that are with the cooler (and The SP120). But the other fans are also loud when they are plugged in the broken socket. So I think that is Proof enough. :)

But I think I'll keep the cooler. Even if one socket is broken. The control via Commander Pro is also completely sufficient. Better than sending the whole cooler back. :D

Thanks for your detailed help. You helped me a lot. :)

Archived