Corsair Community

Bug with "link profile to program" - iCUE 3.8.91

Darkness1015

When I create a profile and then link it to a game .exe, the cursor/focus of the app goes straight back to the default/first profile. It then repeats this behavior ever 3-5 seconds. So when you are trying to move around the app, edit another profile, etc, ever 3-5 seconds you get yanked back to the default profile.

This makes it impossible to use the app after linking a profile to a game.

One workaround that seems to work most of the time is to export the profile, delete it, import the profile. There is nothing special in the profile but lighting effects.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ?

Just an addition that I am using profiles that are in a folder structure in iCUE. For example, folder called "Call of Duty", under that are profiles for "Infinite Warfare", "Black Ops 4", etc.

I edit the profile, and fill in "Link profile to program" to point to the .exe. Now anytime that I come back and click on this profile, after 5 seconds (I timed it) it will take focus away from this profile and go to the first profile at the top. This make it very hard to edit the profile now as I have to quickly (within 5 seconds) delete the "Link profile to program" field, then do any edits , then add back the .exe.

First picture, I have "Warcraft: Alliance" profile selected/highlighted.

Second picture is not touching/moving/anything, 5 seconds later.

As you can see in top left, iCUE auto-selects/moves to the first profile in the list, which I have called "Default". You can also see in bottum middle it now says "Edit Profile: Default"

https://imgur.com/a/ajcJNxU

i have only ever used one profile folder (so far) for photoshop and modifier keys.

I had to set the application specificity on each of the profiles in the cuefolder.

that may be your issue? Worth a try. Can you pop one or two out of the folder and re set them and see if it stays? Also, the .net in the foldername maybe there is a bug. can you test with notepad and share results?

• 4 weeks later...

Same happened to me :[pouts: , pls halp

When I create a profile and then link it to a game .exe, the cursor/focus of the app goes straight back to the default/first profile. It then repeats this behavior ever 3-5 seconds. So when you are trying to move around the app, edit another profile, etc, ever 3-5 seconds you get yanked back to the default profile.

This makes it impossible to use the app after linking a profile to a game.

One workaround that seems to work most of the time is to export the profile, delete it, import the profile. There is nothing special in the profile but lighting effects.

Archived