Corsair Community

Discuss Link v4.8.0.82 here

Technobeard

• Administrators

This will be the official discussion thread for Link v4.8.0.82.

If you'd like to report a bug, please respond to this thread in this format:

1. Version of your Link software. NOTE: If you're not using v4.8.0.82, please install it and see if the bug has been fixed.
  2. What version of Windows you're using.
  3. Summary - One line / sentence explaining the issue
  4. Detailed description of the issue - This part can be as long as you want. It should be detailed enough so that we can clearly identify the issue and attempt to replicate it.
  5. Attach photos of the issue to the post that help #4.

07/17/2017 - Corsair Link Software Update Version v4.8.0.82

Changelog:

• UI Update: Added "-" button to Commander PRO and Lighting Node PRO LED configuration screen for easily removing strips/fans.
  • Fixed high CPU and I/O usage reported on some systems.
  • Fixed UI scaling issue on 4K displays.
  • Fixed color effect synchronization between Link software and LED DRAM.
  • Fixed Vengeance RGB control on ASUS Strix Z270I Gaming.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Using the CLCP + 0.2.136 firmware then I can't seem to control the port brightness when I only have 1 x HD RGB LED fan connected, but this seems to work fine on my CLNP with the 0.3.72 firmware.

The CLCPs worked as expected before I updated the firmware from 0.1.131 to 0.2.136 so I am sure there is a regression in the CLCP firmware.

Basically when I set 0% + 33% + 66% + 100% the brightness is as expected, but when I set 1% the LEDs are the same brightness as 100% with the CLCP, but the CLNP works as expected.

I have just updated my CLNP to the V0.4.94 firmware and this now also has this issue :(:. I will address this in SIV 5.23 Beta-01 and later.

The CL 4.8.0.82 change log does not mention the updated CLCP firmware version and specify what has been changed. I did notice the Fan PWM clock has changed from 0.36 KHz to 17.9 KHz and wonder if this could be a factor in the brightness effect.

The CLNP V0.4.94 firmware allows 96 rather than 72 LEDs to be controlled, but if you connect 256 LEDs then LEDs 96 to 255 are random colours when they used to be black/off.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30719&d=1503129411

Using the CLCP + 0.2.136 firmware then I can't seem to control the port brightness when I only have 1 x HD RGB LED fan connected, but this seems to work fine on my CLNP with the 0.3.72 firmware.

The CLCPs worked as expected before I updated the firmware from 0.1.131 to 0.2.136.

Basically when I set 0% + 33% + 66% + 100% the brightness is as expected, but when I set 1% the LEDs are the same brightness as 100% with the CLCP, but the CLNP works as expected.

I can confirm I am observing the same thing. Before updating my CLCP to firmware v0.2.136, I could set any Brightness value between 0% and 100% in 1% steps. Now, only 0%, 33%, 66%, and 100% work as expected. Other values yield different results, depending on how the LED strip is configured. For me,

In 1 x 72LED mode, they go to 100% for all other values. :eek:

In 6 x 12LED mode, they go to ~15% (a guess) for all other values. :thinking:

In 3 x 24LED mode, they appear to go to 33% for all other values.:eyebuldge

here we go....

Corsair LINK 4.8

OS Windows 10 64bit

No Light effect option :mad:

Using Asrock B250 Gaming K4 with latest bios. throw in 4 DIMM's of Corsair vengeance RGB 2666.

Corsair link able to detect my DIMM's but not showing RGB Led option in it. please help solve the problem, even reinstall my system just for sure but still no RGB LED option for my DIMMS :mad::mad::mad:

attachment.php?attachmentid=30233&stc=1&d=1500183376

Thank you for the latest version of corsair link.

My VENGEANCE® RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Memory Kit (CMR16GX4M2C3200C16) is finally working very well at my MSI B350 Ryzen mother board. 2 RAM RGB LEDs are working properly.

Hello everyone, I am posting this in hopes that anyone can help me through.

I have no problem with Corsair Link up to version 4.6.0.86 (In fact I am sticking with it right now as it is the last version that in which I don´t encounter any problem) but I missed out the previous update because of this problem and now I fear i am going to miss out this new update to, so it would be most productive to understand what is making this problem so I can update the software in the future.

I connect my PSU (AX1200i) to the Motherboard using the passing-through USB dongle on the CPU Cooler (H100i) and as stated in the post title, it is not working with the new version of the software.

Please notice, I don´t have any problem up to version 4.6.0.86 (including, after installing the update to version 4.8.0.82 and not detecting the PSU I just need to uninstall and re-install version 4.6.0.86 and it will immediately show up)

Thank you everyone, for your help in advance.

Cheers,

I had Link 4.7.0.77 installed. I only use Link to install firmware updates to my Commander Pro (CLCP). Last night my CLCP locked up and I had to reset it and run Link to re-blow the 0.2.136 firmware to the CLCP. When I opened Link, it saw the CLCP and offered updates. I cancelled out and selected the link to ONLY update the CLCP. The next time I opened Link, it had updated to v4.8.0.82. I did not accept this update but it installed anyway.

Not a big deal for me as I don't use Link except for CLCP firmware updates, but was surprised to find that Link had updated to v4.8.0.82 - apparently without my permission.

Finally! This version of Corsair Link does not crash and show up in Windows reliability manager. In previous versions I would see errors every day and deffinetely every time I rebooted/restarted my system. So glad this has been fixed.

Hello everyone, I am posting this in hopes that anyone can help me through.

I have no problem with Corsair Link up to version 4.6.0.86 (In fact I am sticking with it right now as it is the last version that in which I don´t encounter any problem) but I missed out the previous update because of this problem and now I fear i am going to miss out this new update to, so it would be most productive to understand what is making this problem so I can update the software in the future.

I connect my PSU (AX1200i) to the Motherboard using the passing-through USB dongle on the CPU Cooler (H100i) and as stated in the post title, it is not working with the new version of the software.

Please notice, I don´t have any problem up to version 4.6.0.86 (including, after installing the update to version 4.8.0.82 and not detecting the PSU I just need to uninstall and re-install version 4.6.0.86 and it will immediately show up)

Thank you everyone, for your help in advance.

Cheers,

I have the same problem.

Link 4.8.0.82 does not load in Windows 10 64bit with "Regular non-admin" user account. In the past, the Link app would load with no issues. Now it will only load if I login as Admin, or if I start the Link app with Run As Administrator.

Bug?

After updating to Corsair LINK Installer v4.8.0.82

* This version still prevents all my HDDs from spinning down to enter sleep mode after 20 minutes of inactivity.

The last version that doesnt have this bug is Corsair-LINK-Installer-v4.2.2.27 all later versions keep my HDDs up all time.

One question, when the hell are you going to bypass the Ryzen 20° offset?

I thought it would have been done by now which is why I bought my H100i V2 but it still isn't even done... NZXT has done it for there Cam software so why are you guys lagging behind?

Thanks.

Since v4.8.0.82 the software only sees 3 of the 4 Vengeance LED sticks. Windows on the other hand detects all 4. EDIT: After Taking all but the one stick out and putting them one by one with boot in betweem back in, it seems as if Link starts this issue when 3 or more sticks are active. It isn't specific to one stick but the first slot (the one closest to the CPU on the MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X).

1571923120_Link3dims.thumb.png.f1da394f35839ad81afdaee1d581f8df.png

Archived