Corsair Community

Corsair Force 3 SSD low Read/Write Rates & no TRIM?

Hello everybody,

please excuse my school-English, I hope everything is understandable.

I am a proud owner of a Corsair Force 3 SSD ( 60GB ) with firmware 5.02.

For some strange reason, I am not able to edit my system specs in the user CP, so here is my setup:

Intel Core i7 2700K @Stock

ASUS P8P67 Evo B3

2x 4GB Corsair DDR3-1333 CL9

ASUS Radeon HD6970 DCII 2GB

Be Quiet! 530W

My SSD is connected to one of the SATA-6G-Ports which are supported by the Intel controller ( no Marvell- or other extra-controller ).

I made a fresh installation of Windows 7 Professional running in AHCI-Mode and using correct alignment. My driver is the recent Intel iastor of the Intel RST-package.

But my Read/Write-Rates seem much too low for me - and TRIM seems not to be working.

Here is a screenshot before waiting about 2 hours:

http://www.abload.de/img/before_trimhjcu3.png

And here is another one which was made after 2 hours of waiting for TRIM:

http://www.abload.de/img/trim_r1c2x.png

Why is TRIM not working on restoring my performance after the Windows installation?

Is my performance too low or am I expecting too much?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

Greetings from Germany,

StarGeneral

Thank you for your answer.

DisableDeletNotify responds with "0", so TRIM should be working.

But as I said, there is no TRIM-effect visible in the AS SSD Benchmark, the shown data rates stay far too low for this drive...

The "Raw-I/O"-Rates seem to be okay concerning ATTO, but why are the rates in AS SSD so low?

I experience same issues and no matter what ATTO tells are max. achievable transfer rates, these features are actually not working and the overall experience is very bad.

The article at tweaktown tells us that the manufacturer release the 5.02 firmware on 05/02/2012 while the release notes tells, among others:

Improved hardware handling

Improved internal read buffering

Improved block count management

I may ask in the name of many customers:

Why dont you provide a changelog, when you provide a update for your products on your site?

Why dont you check quality of that updated device including if all old and new features working properly?

Why dont you keep demanding an update to a proper version >5.02 from the manufacturer or why dont you optimise it yourself to ensure quality?

Id like to say keep up the good work... but no.

I worked through the TweakTown-article as well and it does not sound too good at all...

Concerning the overall expercience: I had a Samsung SSD last year which died, so I chose the Corsair. But my expercience with the new SSD is not as good at all - the system did not become as snappy as with the Samsung and the transfer rates are bad... I am not too happy with this product at the moment :sigh!:

I hope this firmware-related issue will be adressed soon...

EDIT: By the way... my Read/Write-Rates get worse every day...

http://www.abload.de/img/trim_3feob3.png

Those values are totally bad for a SSD...

Please run Atto and post a screen shot, using another application like this will just miss lead you as a comparison.

Please check Post Nr. 3, I have already posted an ATTO-Benchmark-Screen which was normal.

But as indicated by CutMyThorat, ATTO just shows the theoretical achievable Data-Rate and the AS SSD-Benchmark is not just an "other application" but an often used benchmark for SSDs...

Beside that the AS SSD should show that TRIM is working, what is not the case...

• Corsair Employee

Well I am sorry but As SSD is like any other application and is theoretical in its calculations just like ATTO however, the SandForce controller uses compression in storing data and an application that measures data performance be means of a compression algorithm will give you erratic information and why we do not post results from anything other than ATTO so if you are trying to compare your results to our base line then use ATTO and ignore everything else for this test.

You drive is fine according to the ATTO results.

And I have previously replied about your TRIM question....

Since there are several threads according to this issue:

Please edit the Sticky Firmware Upgrade threads 5.02 (i.e. Force 3): http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107769

"Enthusiasts" still not get informed (i.e. via the "changelog") that this "upgrade" has proovable disadvantages.

A month has passed since release of 5.02. SF does not react or took any quality ensuring efforts before or after giving it to the resellers and the resellers did not took any efforts, not only corsair, too. Such a sloppiness is outrageous.

Is there anything new on on 5.03 / or other firmware upgrade >5.02 with fixed TRIM ?

Archived