Corsair Community

(FOR THE RAM GUY) Quick Question

GlobalRegion

From Global Region,

I am currently working on building an sli system and would like to understand and know better how a motherboard that supports the memory speeds of 667 can take 800 mhz corsair memory.

Do you have to overclock, or just turn down the speeds on the memory so that

the product will work.

I am really intrested in the TWIN2XP2048-6400C4,and so far all that i have seen out there on the motherboard market is 667.

Please Post back thanks

• Corsair Employee

Do you have to overclock, or just turn down the speeds on the memory so that the product will work.

A: Yes you would need to over clock your CPU to run at 800 MHz!

I am really intrested in the TWIN2XP2048-6400C4,and so far all that i have seen out there on the motherboard market is 667.

A: Can you tell us the make and model of MB you plan on using?

And I would look the MB up on our performance reports to see how we test them and get a better understanding.

From GlobalRegion,

Currently purchased Abit Ni8 Sli motherboard (sli)

What im trying to figure out is by using a motherboard that supporst 667 memory , will i be able to use 800mhz memory like the TWIN2XP2048-6400C4, will my machine be able to handle the overlclocking.

Currently Purchased Intel Pentieum 4 650 3.4 , cpu

with HT and EM64 ................. My CPU supports 800 mhz bus speed

Not sure about this kind of stuff, but when i go to your guys website and click on memory such as the TWIN2XP2048-6400C4 , it says it is compatible with the type of motherboards ,that i am looking at the NI8 which i already have ,and a few others such as the (Asus P5N32-Sli Deluxe) and AMD Asus M2N32-Sli motheboard.

Do you know of any motherboards that start off at 800 , so i wouldnt have to overclock , and if turns out i do need to overclock would it be ok for my system

• Corsair Employee
You should really be asking this question at one of the over clocking websites like http://www.overclockers.com used to have a data base of CPU's how well the over clocked. We do not test every CPU that they come out with and if you look the MB's up on our performance reports it will list the hardware we used as well as the bios settings we used to test the specific combination.

Archived