Corsair Community

Commander Pro doesn't show up anymore in CL

noob4pg

Hello,

after the update of CL and CP everything worked fine at first.

The next day after turning on the system, the Fans switched to rainbow mode instead of static mode.

So i wanted to change it back to static mode via CL, but the Fans and CP doesn't show up anymore.

The fans are actually working with the Profile i configured except the LED effect.

If I press the reset button while the system is turned off and turn on the system the fans are stopped and no led effect.

After a restart it's back to the current state. My configured Profile, but doesn't show up in CL.

Is there any way I can reset the CP?

Kind regards,

noob4pg

2034563102_CPdoesntshowinCL.thumb.PNG.0dd647fdfbbb7fa0c6700c65acddd068.PNG

• Corsair Employee
Hello,

after the update of CL and CP everything worked fine at first.

The next day after turning on the system, the Fans switched to rainbow mode instead of static mode.

So i wanted to change it back to static mode via CL, but the Fans and CP doesn't show up anymore.

The fans are actually working with the Profile i configured except the LED effect.

If I press the reset button while the system is turned off and turn on the system the fans are stopped and no led effect.

After a restart it's back to the current state. My configured Profile, but doesn't show up in CL.

Is there any way I can reset the CP?

Kind regards,

noob4pg

Strange that the CP doesn't show up.

Since you said you're on the latest update for the CP and Corsair LINK, try completely uninstalling and reinstalling CL4.9 and if the CP shows up again, follow my downgrade steps in this post:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171536

Hopefully this'll get you back up and running (just ignore the update prompts for the time being).

This was the same problem I had with CL 4.9 and firmware 0.3xx on the Commander Pro. I had difficulty even removing CL 4.9 and needed Pro software to get it out — 3 separate times. Going back to 4.8.3 fixed the recognition issue without the firmware roll back. You may want to look at other threads and see if those issues have negative consequences for you.

Yeah, it's really strange.

The fans are working fine, but doesn't show up too.

I tried it with the Link versions 4.7.0.77, 4.8.3.8, 4.9.0.57.

None of the versions work.

Is there any other way to downgrade the CP?

You could try the paper clip in the reset hole in the CLCP (Commander Pro) but I think only CL4.9 will allow you to select which version of firmware to load.

I have used the paper clip method to force a firmware re-load on my CLCP but only when it locked up (another story). I was re-loading what was at that time the latest version of firmware. If there is a newer version available (which there now is) you will need to be running CL4.9 so you can select the old firmware version.

The procedure is this. I don't know if Corsair endorses this but it did work for me.

Shut down Link and stop the process in Windows.

Look for the little hole in the CLCP case.

Push the reset button inside the CLCP with a paper clip, jewelers screw driver or whatever. It's momentary so you have to keep pushing it.

While holding the button in, remove SATA power to the CLCP for a few seconds and then plug it back in. The LED on the CLCP with flash. Then release the button. It helps to have 3 hands to do this, but if you are frustrated enough, it can be done with 2 hands after cursing sufficiently.

The CLCP should re-boot. Then start Link, let it detect the CLCP (hopefully).

The firmware update available box will pop up. Allow it to do the firmware blow. If you run CL4.9, according to Corsair CJ, it should give you the option to pick which firmware version will be loaded.

After the firmware blow, regress Link back to a version that works for you.

Good luck!

no luck with that either.

CP is rebooting but fans stopped working and link doesn't detect the CP.

after a reboot the fans are working again but link still doesn't detect the CP.

I will wait for a CL update and maybe then it's working fine again.

If not i will contact the Corsair Support.

The CP isn't broken, because the fans+rgb hub are working fine (Power etc.), so it should just be a CL problem.

Is the CP showing up in Windows Device Manager? If not, Link won't see it. Try unplugging and re-plugging in the USB cable from the CP. A reboot should also work but since you have tried that, I am not sure what to advise next. Maybe a Corsair rep can suggest something besides RMA it. They usually don't post on weekends so you may have to wait until next week to hear anything.

@SpeedyV: I don't see any Corsair Device in the Device Manager, so I think the driver isn't installed.

@Corsair Dustin: Thanks for your answer.

The problem is, that the CP is not even recognised by CL.

When everything was running fine: Fan speed Quiet, LED white.

Now (CP not recognised by CL): Fan speed Quiet, LED rainbow.

Actually the fans are working fine, but i can't configure anything anymore because the CP isn't recognised by CL.

I tried to fix the issue by deleting CL and installing CL 4.7.0.77, 4.8.3.8 and 4.9.0.57.

None of the versions work.

Kind regards,

noob4pg

• 5 months later...

Don't know if this is a related problem/ solution scenario but.....

I installed Corsair Effects engine and the problem started.

Uninstalled CUE, no change, Commander pro still not showing up.

While perusing the device manager I noticed the Fresco Logic USB PCI host card driver was no longer installed. ( I use this card for certain high bandwidth USB applications like the VIVE and LINK 4 as Most Motherboard USB solutions are marginal at best)

The Fresco logic boards are thought to be among the best and actually conform to the USB3 standard unlike Motherboard USB which is just about capable of reading flash memory. I believe it is probably a latency issue with crap USB controllers and the corsair software not being robust enough to handle unexpected latency..... (Thats a different issue though)

Downloaded the Fresco logic USB 3 card drivers and installed again, said it ended prematurely but triangle in device manager went away.

Rebooted anyway, Plugged the CP back in and was detected and is working fine again..

Why / How would / should / could that P.O.S. Cue software do that?

In nutshell, you could check your USB device drivers. Worked for me. YMMV.

Archived