Corsair Community

Youtubers

Hello, I have been watching a lot of videos regarding the Corsair K70 RGB! I have heard most of the people reviewing you it say "Corsair was nice enough to send me one". I was thinking they aren't sponsored by Corsair so how on earth do they get free keyboards like that? I am not asking to send one out, i will buy one with my own money I was just wondering on what the deal was.

• 2 months later...

From what I was told by a couple of YouTube reviewers of gaming products and etc...They claim the manufactured of the product such as Corsair, MSI or etc would send them one if they are sponsored by either manufactured for reviews and etc. I am not sure if that is true but I would like to hear others opinions or insights.

- Jamie

There are multiple different ways to interpret it, but it all comes down to how popular or good at negotiation the review is.

Everyone goes to the company and asks for samples (heck I done it back when I was into reviewing). It all goes down to if you are good at representing the company and if you are popular.

I know people that have been approached by Corsair (not just Corsair, but we can't mention competitors) forum reps and offered a sample if they are popular on the forum or have done multiple popular forum user reviews.

Just remember, you don't get one overnight, those YouTubers have likely been working towards getting free samples for years.

• 4 months later...

Archived