Corsair Community

plese help me, can't use my vengeance pro with ecsg41t-m16

techma

i just bought a new 8GB kit corsair vengeance pro series with serial number CMY8GX3M2A1600C9B

i used a pair of 4 GB visipro 12800 before

after i sell my visipro memory i bought 8gb kit vengeance series to replace it, i even asked the guy who sold it to me "is it gonna work with my board" and he said yes..

but after i installed the memory modules, nothing happened, all of the fans were funning, but it couldn't get to the post, when i take the memory modules i got 3 short beeps,

i already tried to reset the cmos, and still nothing happened,,

im start wondering, maybe my board not compatible with these memory modules,

but when i read this

and

http://download.ecs.com.tw/dlfileecs/manual/mb/G41T-M16/G41T-M16_V10_MANUAL.pdf

on page 2..

it said that "Supports 1-Gb, 512 Mb DDR3 technologies for x8 and

x16 devices"

and i got

IMG_20150823_163148_HDR_1440322598025.thumb.jpg.8b2dcb0d1c4043d740ec730966e68257.jpg

with 5.21 version

The kit you bought very likely uses 4gbit ICs that are too high density for the chipsets memory controller. If you look at the modules from the bottom, you will probably only see ICs on one side. That is also true for most other 2x4gb kits sold nowadays. Even models that were built double sided using 2Gbit ICs in the past, had to be transitioned to 4Gbit eventually because of IC availability.

first thanks for the reply..

The kit you bought very likely uses 4gbit ICs that are too high density for the chipsets memory controller. If you look at the modules from the bottom, you will probably only see ICs on one side. That is also true for most other 2x4gb kits sold nowadays. Even models that were built double sided using 2Gbit ICs in the past, had to be transitioned to 4Gbit eventually because of IC availability.

but

like i said yesterday, i got 5.27 version modules,

in here

5.2x listed as 512 x 8

???

You would have to ask ECS about that :/

From my understanding that is a hardware limitation of the chipset itself, so it should apply to all G41 motherboards regardless of manufacturer.

case closed, today i already bought a new board and processor..

thanks..

Archived