Corsair Community

Can the K95 RGB cause random reboots?

IoannisKon

Hello community!

I recently bought the Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard but since then I got several random reboots without any reason while playing ONLY CSGO.

My rig:

CPU: AMD FX-6350 6core 3.9Ghz

MOBO: GA-990XA-UD3

GPU: GTX 660 OC

PSU: Corsair VS650

RAM: HyperX Dual 8GB 1866Mhz

SSD: Toshiba 256GB

CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo

Case: Corsair 200R Carbide (12cm fan front, 12cm fan rear, 14cm fan side and 14cm fan top) all Corsair fans.

I tested my PSU for any power issues, RAM for errors, GPU, CPU and ran several other software and hardware tests but everything seems to be ok.

Temperature of GPU in high load reaches max 52C and CPU 42C.

I have checked all possible driver issues but the only driver installed recently is from Corsair Utility Engine for K95 RGB keyboard.

The question is: Can a faulty keyboard or incompatible drivers, cause random reboots?

Also, I have read a sticky thread about K70 RGB and USB 3.0 connection.

I think i have placed both cables of my keyboard in USB 3.0 ports. Is this wrong? Should I move them both to USB 2.0 ports?

I was not able to understand the fixation of using one USB 3.0 or two USB 2.0 ports.

Maybe the USB port is broken? I had an old motherboard that would cause a restart when I inserted any kind of USB cable into a specific port.

Try using a different single 3.0 port, or 2 USB 2.0 ports.

EDIT: I just re-red your post and saw you mention using 2 USB 3.0 ports, unplug the one without the keyboard image and see if it still happens. You need 2xUSB 2.0 ports to provide more power for the lights, but a single USB 3.0 ports already provides all the power you need (unlike USB 2.0).

I doubt the keyboard is causing your PC to reboot (unless a friend created a macro that runs a batch file which reboots your pc)

If you want to test if your keyboard is what's causing the reboot, test playing CS:GO with an alternative keyboard.

Terabyte's advice is good. You only need to use 1 USB 3.0 port for the K95 RGB

Ok guys. I'll try to play CSGO with the keyboard connected in one USB 3.0 port.

If it happen again, i'll try to remove CUE software and test it again for a few days.

I'll update with new information. Please don't close the thread!

Thanks for your consideration.

Unfortunately this is a very quick update.

Probably keyboard has nothing to do with this problem.

1) I tried different USB ports (2.0 and 3.0)

2) removed CUE and

3) placed my old keyboard.... same thing happens.

It was just a coincidence that CSGO reboots started with my new keyboard.

CSGO uses a lot of RAM but i made a memtest with no problems.

Now I have to check again my PSU which is Corsair VS650

My system needs at about 480 Watts in extremely high loads.

I only reached these power needs while had the GPU and CPU stress tests but no reboot happened. Everything was normal with temps and voltage at 50-52C (GPU) and 40-42C (CPU).

I'll try to find more about it, in PSU section.

Thanks guys!

Archived