Corsair Community

will h100i/h80i work without the need of corsair link?

zzcool

i am very interested in buying the h100i but i don't want a program constantly running in the back also reading how buggy it is

so my question is

can you connect it to the motherboard set up corsair link adjust led settings then disconnect it and remove corsair link

will it then remember the settings?

i'd like it to have switching colors in terms of temp without the need of link and i'd also like to set which colors i want for warm cold and normal if that is possible

but mainly i want to be able to set the led settings then disconnect it and remove corsair link for it to work without the need of corsair link

is this possible

or is that program plus the usb cable really needed? i don't need temp readings or fan control corsiar link has so i have no use of the program i just want the led to act as i want

a normal fan controller would do the same thing as link so i have no use of the program

You can run the H100i without the software. hook the fans to the mobo or fan controler. hook the pump to power and the cpu fan header. it will run on its own just fine.the usb cable and program are not needed for operation. I set up the LED to the color I wanted, then disconnected the usb connector and removed the software. the color stuck just fine. However to have it change color with temp you may need the software to monitor temp and change the LED color.

You can run the H100i without the software. hook the fans to the mobo or fan controler. hook the pump to power and the cpu fan header. it will run on its own just fine.the usb cable and program are not needed for operation. I set up the LED to the color I wanted, then disconnected the usb connector and removed the software. the color stuck just fine. However to have it change color with temp you may need the software to monitor temp and change the LED color.

thats still great news i could have it in a nice white glow without the need of a program :D

also removes the problems people have been having with it

Archived