Corsair Community

570X Mirror Black not as advertised

derekkka

I bought this about a week ago directly from Newegg. Nothing unique to this version of the case except for the tempered glass being Mirror Black color.

Everywhere I look (including Amazon) it even states:

"RGB Backlit Case Lighting

Unique to the 570X RGB mirror black, synchronise your RGB fans with included case lighting."

There is no additional case lighting included. No strips. Only three RGB fans and the light up Corsair logo. This is definitely not a unique version, lol.

What gives? I love the case, but I chose this version BECAUSE of the additional case lighting. Nothing is there.

Mirror Black has RGB, the others has only one color!

haha nah. Crystal series RGB all have it. I have two friends without mirror black that have RGB. Its fine though. Not a major deal. I just expected the LED strips. I'll just purchase some from Corsair.

haha nah. Crystal series RGB all have it. I have two friends without mirror black that have RGB. Its fine though. Not a major deal. I just expected the LED strips. I'll just purchase some from Corsair.

The fans is RGB in all 570X, but the front logo and the psu shroud logo is RGB in the Mirror Black but only one color on the front logo and psu shroud logo.

I can assure you ONLY the Mirror Black has the RGB Psu shroud 'Corsair' Logo and Corsair 'Sails' Logo..all the rest of the 570x Crystal cases have White Logos...

and if you read the specs online it wont mention strips... what most people are doing is looking at the Example build.. it also has a Mobo/Cpu/GFX card/Ram etc etc in it.. those are not included either ;).. nor the pictured HD fans..

19071748470l.jpg

there is actually more pictures of it without strips etc on its product page than there is of the example build.....

and i suspect it's this picture that's causing the 'confusion'

"RGB BACKLIT CASE LIGHTING

Unique to the 570X RGB mirror black, synchronize your RGB fans with included case lighting."

LgIzoA7l.jpg

and i feel 'triggered' by the upside down corsair logo on the strip lol

Edited by Zotty

• 1 year later...

I think OP is referring to the Pictures posted on sellers sites and even here, in this very thread, by the Corsair employees. The pictures show a lot of 'bling strips etc'. The same is, or was true 6 months ago when I purchased this case. The back fan was not included even though it stated that it was in the Amazon sales specs and was pictured in the product images included for review.

They do this with everything, Power supplies that have one not 2 VGA power cables. 750w units lacking a $2 cable, costing $19 and a weeks shipping. Certainly someone buying a 750w unit would just expect to be able to power the biggest Video Card right? Wrong.

I agree its deceptive. I cant say definitively that its intentional, but I can draw my own conclusions as a consumer. It's something that is systemic in the industry.

OP: If you get a commander pro, you will remove the push button controller wire from the top of the 'HUB' Included and replace it with the included 3 wire into the commander LED port. Its also been my experience that the Corsair lighted shroud has to be the last in the chain on the hub. like 1,2,3 FANS then this is 4. The reason being is that in my testing, the hub is the end of the line and fans plugged in AFTER it on the 'HUB' do not illuminate.

Edited by Machistmo