Corsair Community

Super confused on connecting ML120 fans + Kraken x72

Gr4dy

Hello!

So I have six total Corsair ML RGB fans (four 120 and two 140), a Kraken x72, and a GTX 1080ti Hybrid. Three of the 120's are on the Kraken. The two 140's are on the top exhaust. The last remaining 120 is on the 1080ti Hybrid.

I'm confused on how to get all of these to connect nicely AND connect with the RGB. I have a Commander Pro and an RGB Hub, but I have to connect the three Kraken headers to the three 120's on the radiator. How am I supposed to control those and the LEDs if the power connector for them is not connected to the Commander Pro (because they're connected to the Kraken's headers)?

EDIT: I've seen the diagrams on here for connecting the Commander Pro/RGB Hub/Fans but that doesn't help me in this instance.

Complete setup:

Mobo: ASUS Maximus CODE

CPU: 8700k

Cooler: Kraken x72

Fans: Corsair ML120 x4

Fans: Corsair ML140 x2

RAM: Corsair 32GB RGB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080ti Hybrid

PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000W

It doesn't matter where the power comes from - motherboard, fan controller, stand alone battery. Each ML-RGB has two wires. One for power (that should be familiar) and the smaller flat one for lighting. You need to run all of those small flat wires back to the small 6 port RGB Lighting Hub. That will in turn connect to the Commander Pro and provide software control for the lighting. You can use all of the C-Pro fan controller headers or none, but it won't affect your lighting.

I've seen the diagrams on here for connecting the Commander Pro/RGB Hub/Fans but that doesn't help me in this instance.

as c-attack said. fan power and RGB power are 2 separate entity's.. your cooler dosn't change that ;)

Archived