Corsair Community

Dark Core randomly tilting far left

Zephyrus87

Hello everyone, I have recently purchase a Dark Core mouse, standard edition.

I am posting here because I have noticed that sometimes it randomly turn far left or top left.

This accours only while operating in wireless mode (I am using 2.4 Ghz connection with the dongle really close to the mice), not really often, like 3-4 times every hour, but it's kinda annoying while gaming.

The firmware I am using should be the latest 3.08, I already try to force reinstalling it with no luck.

Is that a known issue? Thank in advance for your answers.

Best regards

It could also be RF interference with the signal. Check for nearby sources of 2.4GHz, like routers or other wireless devices, like Bluetooth. You can also turn the mouse off and back on so that the dongle can determine the best band to use.

Also may help getting the dongle away from the PC.

The dongle is already away from my PC, since I mainly plug it on my keyboard (already tried to put it directly in to the case as well).

I do not think the culprit is external interference since all my wireless devices work/worked flowlessly, including my previous G903.

A quick update: after a slow (one answer per day) chat I found myself in a death end with support, as they think this is an hardware issues and suggested to send the mice to them, with the shipping at my own expense.

For sure I am not willing to pay, so the product is going back to Amazon for a free full refund.

I am no expert, but I still thinking this may be a software issue. In that case, if I decide to buy a new one, I will run in the same issue and will wait for a new firmware release.

A quick update: after a slow (one answer per day) chat I found myself in a death end with support, as they think this is an hardware issues and suggested to send the mice to them, with the shipping at my own expense.

That's really disappointing.

I did a little more testing, and mine was only doing it in 2.4. I was not having the issue in wired mode. That being said, I would agree with you on this being a software issue.

For sure I am not willing to pay, so the product is going back to Amazon for a free full refund.

I am no expert, but I still thinking this may be a software issue. In that case, if I decide to buy a new one, I will run in the same issue and will wait for a new firmware release.

Yep, I had an issue with my K55 since getting it in December, and uninstalling CUE and disabling their HID drivers fixed it. Their drivers/software/firmware are subpar at best, but they'll never admit it, like with the Gamepad issue, they continually tried to pass it off as a Valve issue despite multiple users explaining that it occurred even with Steam closed.

New update: I returned my mice and purchased a second one, SE edition this time.

As the previous one it comes with last firmware, 3.08. The mouse present the same identical issue when operating wireless.

I will probably keep this one, because I kinda like the product, but this is definitevely software related.

I am not wasting more time with support, but I hope someone in Corsair who is able to understand what I am saying (the guy replaying to my ticket probably wasn't) will read this post and give the feedback to the software team.

Today I installed the new iCue software and done some more testing:

_ The problem still accours. Tested the dongle in several USB ports: on my keyboard (2.0), on my monitor (3.0), and directly into my pc (3.0 and 3.1).

_ It happens only in wireless mode, I am speaking for the 2.4 GHz connection, I am not interested in bluetooth.

_ Here the more interesting part: when the mouse warp a yellow exclamation point is always displayed on the CUE system icon for a second or two, probably indicating the dongle loosing the connection in that time.

_ Here the more interesting part: when the mouse warp a yellow exclamation point is always displayed on the CUE system icon for a second or two, probably indicating the dongle loosing the connection in that time.

I have the exclamation pop up on mine too, but never noticed if that was when the left slide happened. I always assumed that the exclamation signified some sort of equipment polling.

See what tech support has to say about it and let me know. Thanks dude.

Would be cool having some communication with people in Corsair here in this topic, since we are actually beta testing the product xD

Yeah....I've come to the conclusion that they don't really give a crap. They'll give you the typical "reset your firmware" etc. answers when the root problem is in the coding of their software/firmware/drivers, or they'll blame Microsoft/Valve vs. doing what every other peripheral manufacturer does and properly testing their hardware/software and releasing updates that will enable their peripherals to continue to function as intended alongside newer Windows updates etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I also confirm this behavior. Some times mouse cursor jumps to left corner of screen. This happens every time a few seconds after turning on the PC from sleep mode. It also happens sometimes in during work. It does not happen so often to annoy, but it happens from time to time.

This issue happens when there is interference with the wifi signal. If you live in a wifi congested area you might want to consider non-wireless mice.

Try replugging the wireless dongle sometimes this helps.

Cannot understand support generic response and Corsair mods fully ignoring this topic.

The mods here aren't tech support staff and they have other responsibilities besides answering questions. If you live in a wifi congested area there isn't anything Corsair mods can do to help you.

This issue happens when there is interference with the wifi signal. If you live in a wifi congested area you might want to consider non-wireless mice.

Try replugging the wireless dongle sometimes this helps.

The mods here aren't tech support staff and they have other responsibilities besides answering questions. If you live in a wifi congested area there isn't anything Corsair mods can do to help you.

Rotfl, seems like several people live in wifi congested areas, according to your smart answer.

Fun fact: after returning the Dark Core I purchased a G703, which perform flawlessly. Before that I also had a G903, which sadly developed double clicking, but never lost the connection once.

So maybe my network is just fine and the problem is in the mouse firmware?

Next time you should consider just to shut up instead of posting sentences like this one.

Speaking of the mods, I may be wrong, but I see lots of them answering in tech related topic, but they just ignoring the most difficult ones.

In this case one answer like: "we are aware off the issue and investigating on it, we'll keep you update" would have been really nice.

Rotfl, seems like several people live in wifi congested areas, according to your smart answer.

I live in a separate house and do not have neighbors. I have only one Wi-Fi network and it works on 5Ghz that not interfering with mouse 2.4Ghz receiver. And i have this issue too.

Today i found that it is somehow related with the iCUE/CUE program running in tray. When i turn on my PC from sleep mode and it stays at login screen mouse works on first hardware profile. After i entered the password and logged in, CUE/iCUE immediately changes profile to one of the software and at this moment i can see that mouse pointer jumps to top left corner of the screen. The same behavior we can see if try to entirely close CUE (by clicking "exit" in tray) and reopen it.

This looks like at random moments CUE trying to reinitialize the mouse for unknown reasons. Someone earlier noticed that at the moment when the mouse pointer jumps there is an exclamation point appears in the control panel for a split second.

If it worked fine with previous version of firmware this means that the problem in new version 3.08 that causes periodically mouse loses carrier with receiver and trying to change profile to one of hardware and at the same time the CUE change it back to software. At this moment of changing pofiles to hardware/software we have pointer jump.

Yeah, I am running my network on 5 Ghz as well.

I also noticed the exlamation point appearing on Cue/iCue icon and posted about that in the last page, but, as I told, noone from Corsair seems to care.

I was as well keep writing those things to the guy from “support” answering my ticket, but he just ignored what I was saying and opened a RMA with shipment at my expanses, at that point I returned the mouse to Amazon for a free full refund.

Archived