Corsair Community

So a K70 would be a more wise buy than a k95 for profiles?

Hey Guys, I cant seem to decide between the k70 and k95.

1 downside to thje k95 is the left side extension is plastic vs making the full unit all aluminum.

The 2nd downside I just came acrossed today. LED profiles.

I was under the impression all led lighting profiles would work on both keyboards. apparently this is not the case and k70 profiles need to be converted to k95 profiles?

99.99999999999999% of all profiles I see are for the k70, so I guess without doing lots of legwork they wont run on the k95 correct?

Converting from K70 to K95 is as simple as:

1) Open the file with notepad

2) Find/Replace "K70" with "K95"

3) Save as "X"-K95

The added macro buttons are very nice for two reasons. First, you get the functionality (it's not needed, but nice to have options). Second, you have more keys to add lighting and effects to. If this keyboard is a canvas for digital art, why wouldn't you want more room to paint?

Regarding the fact that the backplane is plastic, it's hardly noticeable. In fact, when I read your post I actually had to check, because I had forgotten.

To be clear, you would also have to modify the profile, a bit, if you wanted it to extend to the macro keys, since the original wouldn't have had the keys to program. That's not hard, though, and usually amounts to just figuring out what the profile is doing and assigning the keys to existing lighting group(s).

I went through the same decision process and came up that the k95 is worth it. I use the G keys in every game I play (other than fps)

You can map them to any function, including auto clicking, which is very useful.

A plus of the k95 is you get 18 more lights to play with too ;)

converting from k70 to k95 is as simple as:

1) open the file with notepad

2) find/replace "k70" with "k95"

3) save as "x"-k95

the added macro buttons are very nice for two reasons. First, you get the functionality (it's not needed, but nice to have options). Second, you have more keys to add lighting and effects to. If this keyboard is a canvas for digital art, why wouldn't you want more room to paint?

Regarding the fact that the backplane is plastic, it's hardly noticeable. In fact, when i read your post i actually had to check, because i had forgotten.

this fix does not work at all anymore!!! Please be warned!!!

Archived