Corsair Community

Boots

I Recently Purchased new components to build myself a new PC and have had quite some trouble with this cooler.

PC Specs:

Mobo: MSI Z370A-Pro

CPU: Intel I5-8700k

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz (2x4gb sticks)

PSU: 750w Gold rated Modular

The issue I've ran into is firstly the Fans and pump are running however, i can't seem to get them to show up in corsair link which lead me to check if it was displaying in the device manager, which i found is showing as an error code 43(USB Device Descriptor Failed) I've tried switching the cooler's USB port to the secondary, tried uninstalling the device, rebooting, uninstall Corsair link then reinstall, Move the Fan from CPU_Header to Pump_Header but none of these have changed anything. I have also gone into the bios to disable Smart Fan control on the CPU as well as enabling Legacy USB and the Dx?H?(i forgot the name of this) thingy which still did not work. Any help would be appreciated.

I am running a Gigabyte GTX1080

And nope, im not running EVGA precision X

And nope to any other monitoring programs (i removed anything inherently close after testing to eliminate anything causing interference)

I've Looked at the FAQ and havent noticed anything that points to the issue im experiencing, as for the powered correctly are you able to expand on that a little for me (im not Extremely PC Literate)

• 2 weeks later...
"Full Speed" is Asus EZ-BIOS language for 'disabled' and will keep the header at a constant 12v/100% all the time. That is what you want and it is necessary to prevent power saving features or other Asus fan tuning of the pump, none of which are desirable.

"Full Speed" is Asus EZ-BIOS language for 'disabled' and will keep the header at a constant 12v/100% all the time. That is what you want and it is necessary to prevent power saving features or other Asus fan tuning of the pump, none of which are desirable.

As per the techs here, you should set the fan control to DC vice PWM in his case.

As per the techs here, you should set the fan control to DC vice PWM in his case.

Not accurate. You need a 12v signal. Even if the pump is a DC motor, it doesn't care if the header is set to PWM or DC to get the 12v - neither of which were mentioned in the quoted passage. The permutations are motherboard specific, but disabling the fan control is the more sure fire way of preventing unintended fan control changes. Most boards have power saving or tuning processes that will override manual fan settings.

As c-attack mentioned, not accurate.

More than not accurate, setting your fan to DC control mode is a way to get yourself into trouble. DC control mode alters voltage to control fan speed - so the pump may not get the full 12V DC that it needs to operate properly. This will give you issues with the cooler and may lead to premature failure.

Archived