Corsair Community

Utility Engine macro Stop working when screen is switched to another input

Calomancer

I'm trying to create shortcuts for my Dell Monitor using the DDM.exe command line options and the Utility Engine. Basically you run ddm.exe with some arguments and it switches your screen's input.

It switches inputs fine when the screen is looking at the computer's input. (ie, if I press the button to switch to DP or HDMI it will) When it switches to HDMI (or other inputs) the Macro/Action Stops functioning. Anyone have any ideas what's up with this?

I have a K65 RGB for reference.

Did you link an application to the profile with all the macros? It's likely that it may have lost focus when the input source switched.

If so, try setting that profile as the default and see whether that changes anything. (Move the profile to the top of the list and remove the application link)

I'm trying to create shortcuts for my Dell Monitor using the DDM.exe command line options and the Utility Engine. Basically you run ddm.exe with some arguments and it switches your screen's input.

It switches inputs fine when the screen is looking at the computer's input. (ie, if I press the button to switch to DP or HDMI it will) When it switches to HDMI (or other inputs) the Macro/Action Stops functioning. Anyone have any ideas what's up with this?

I have a K65 RGB for reference.

Switching your monitor to an input which is not controlled by your K65 RGB keyboard will produce the effect that your Macro/Action stops functioning, when actually it is simply that your display does not show what your keyboard is up to.

Archived