Corsair Community

Keep Far Cry 5 iCUE Setting out of game?!?

IRISHPHX

As the title says, I was just hoping there is a way to keep the iCUE setting when you're in the main menu of Far Cry 5, but when you are OUT of the game as well.

The flag rippling through my strafe and through my LL Fans is damn fine lookin pew pew!

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks for any help in advance. :D:

Very true..... OR... you could delete them as to not have multiple profiles that seem to switch off boots.

Very similar to the "Corsair Flicker" that DevBiker seems to gloss over.

Google it. It's a serious issue that can cause seizures that have not been corrected.. even barely addressed by Corsair thus far.

Very similar to the "Corsair Flicker" that DevBiker seems to gloss over.

TBH, with 3.4.95, I see one quick flash when locking or logging on. That's it. Personally, I've not experienced the ongoing LL fan flicker that many others have complained about. I think that's more due to my LL fans being on a Commander Pro rather than a Lighting Node Pro. I'll likely switch some things so that I have at least 1 LL channel on a NoPro at some point.

So ... not glossing over it, just haven't experienced it so I can't say much about it.

TBH as well, the "Complaining" from MANY consumers would be about a product not working as advertised. Again... Simple Google of Corsair Flicker alone is AMPLE evidence of the problem.

I'm a bit confused as your reply insinuates that those people paying money to Corsair for said products should not have done so as its the addition or lack of Corsair's own Commander Pro that makes it worse/better... The Node Pro that comes with the fans is no good then? (I bought the commander pro with all my parts when I built this rig and have had this problem since day one.)

Lemme get this straight... You say your a software developer and IT Pro who's on the iCue beta Team... have you talked to marketing?

I'll give 3.4.95 a shot of course... Hilarious it came out... Literally, the night of this original post.

Fingers crossed DevBiker... Other wise you just convinced me and the rest of us "suckers" that we paid Corsair for a defective product... $300 worth

TBH as well, the "Complaining" from MANY consumers would be about a product not working as advertised. Again... Simple Google of Corsair Flicker alone is AMPLE evidence of the problem.

I'm a bit confused as your reply insinuates that those people paying money to Corsair for said products should not have done so as its the addition or lack of Corsair's own Commander Pro that makes it worse/better... The Node Pro that comes with the fans is no good then? (I bought the commander pro with all my parts when I built this rig and have had this problem since day one.)

Lemme get this straight... You say your a software developer and IT Pro who's on the iCue beta Team... have you talked to marketing?

I'll give 3.4.95 a shot of course... Hilarious it came out... Literally, the night of this original post.

Fingers crossed DevBiker... Other wise you just convinced me and the rest of us "suckers" that we paid Corsair for a defective product... $300 worth

You're reading a lot into what I said that simply isn't there.

Have folks been complaining about it? Yes. Fact. Pure and simple.

Is that how the product should behave? Nope. I can't argue that, nor did I.

Have I seen it? Nope. But that's likely to how my system is configured. Which is all I was explaining. I insinuated nothing else. You added that in all on your own.

You accused me of glossing over it ... I've not. In fact, I've had nothing to say about it until now because I've not experienced it. I also mentioned that I was likely going to switch one of my channels around so that I can see it for myself. I try not to comment on issues that I, personally, haven't see or cannot reproduce.

Finally ... look at my sig. I do not work for Corsair. The beta team is a group of users that volunteer their time to help test iCue and help people like you.

I am not a sucker and I liked iCue from Day 1 from it's release. I do not work Corsair and I am not on the Beta team. I actually just bought 3xHD-120 and a LNP + strips for my old man for father's day. I also bought 3 more HD-120 for my system.

These are the issues with iCue:

1) Smart Phones. You have applications that are developed for a handful of devices in a closely controlled proprietary ecosystem. So people have their expectations that everything will work perfectly when they install software. iCue is just the software, though there are lots of diverse hardware, operating system, and Corsair devices. There are a lot of other variables. iCue was officially "released" earlier this month. I recall when Steam was first released in the early to mid 2000's; people called it a steaming pile of....

2) People Bought Only Corsair's RGB Products. This is not what you think. Before iCue I looked at a lot of other RGB tools and ecosystems. I wasn't impressed with any of them, I previously used CUE and thought it was the best software I played with at the time, though didn't buy into all the LNP and additional fans, until iCue was launched. I liked it, warts and all as it is much better than anything else I tried. I even wrote my own tool for my motherboard as I wasn't satisfied with Gigabyte's RGB Fusion. Now all my lights change and match based off what game I am playing. The issue is people haven't seen how bad all the other software is out there to really understand how great the newly released iCue is w/ bugs and all. Software is the biggest problem with RGB and Corsair is light years ahead of anyone else.

I have liked iCue so much, that I have chipped in to help other people and I want to help improve this software. Though even I am feeling callous at some people's negative remarks. Constructive criticism is one thing, though I see a lot of mud slinging, when people like DevBiker and others try to help people. I have seen other forums and reddits, where posts go unanswered, there is little to no community and no company to community interaction. It is nice to see Corsair interacting with us so much to help us and to help improve their product. This is a lot easier to do than writing your own tool. The thing is if a company takes your money and runs that is one thing, though I too feel offended seeing so much effort that is going on with people just act like Corsair isn't trying, when they actually are.

I retract my first statement, we are all suckers for RGB.

Edit: Lastly I haven't seen the flickering issue, though I saw my fans looked like the LEDs were moving slower with the last version. I have seen other issues, though I reported them via this forum in a constructive manner.

You're reading a lot into what I said that simply isn't there.

Have folks been complaining about it? Yes. Fact. Pure and simple.

Is that how the product should behave? Nope. I can't argue that, nor did I.

Have I seen it? Nope. But that's likely to how my system is configured. Which is all I was explaining. I insinuated nothing else. You added that in all on your own.

You accused me of glossing over it ... I've not. In fact, I've had nothing to say about it until now because I've not experienced it. I also mentioned that I was likely going to switch one of my channels around so that I can see it for myself. I try not to comment on issues that I, personally, haven't see or cannot reproduce.

Finally ... look at my sig. I do not work for Corsair. The beta team is a group of users that volunteer their time to help test iCue and help people like you.

I for one appreciate your insight into these issues DevBiker. I read the prior response and I was a bit taken back by the perceived tone of it. I can appreciate frustration when something is not working right but to me his post seems to attack you.

solarity: You should probably read the whole thread before you post bud. In the previous comments you can also click on the link to my feature on PcPartPicker which I posted to also help a fellow forum poster. It almost entirely disproves you'r point. I do however appreciate all opinions.

"perceived tone of it" Would be 100% accurate mpoffo. Perception is key.

"I try not to comment on issues that I, personally, haven't see or cannot reproduce." -DevBiker. Yet... he did, and here we are. That's a statement from him circa yesterday.

DevBiker himself had very easily implied that he was not seeing said issue based off of having had the Commander Pro. Him self having more equipment that other people don't. Consumers who didn't = "Suckers" being those customers who bought the LL Fans with out THAT additional purchase possibly having severe medical inducing issues. In another words, "this product won't work out of the box, you need to buy more of our stuff"

Those people spent they're hard earned money on a broken promise and what appears to be a deffective product.

I myself did buy the Commander Pro, "Fact. Pure and simple." as DB says ... Still having this issue since the initial build and do not appreciate the product placement throw in. I don't buy a Corvette only to be told I should buy the upgraded intake manifold so it will start properly.

DB. I never said you worked for Corsair. That my friend is a clear assumption on your part. No need to read the text incorrectly and take it as an attack. Put your guns down sport.

"Have I seen it? Nope. But that's likely to how my system is configured."

So... If we don't all have our computers configured to your settings... the product will malfunction? I built mine from the ground up... Yet from the start I, and many MANY others are having the exact same issue, no matter the settings, configurations, or builds... having spent even MORE money for the Commander Pro or not.

You did help me with the FC5 profile and I appreciate that DB. Only problem being that it wont work off a boot givin the Corsair Flicker. As you seem to be aware of this problem, perhaps you might help more with said issue versus a trolled forum argument?!?

Hope this gets resolved quickly as it is still an issue, booted up this morning, got the Very Common Corsair Flicker and yes DB, I'm running 3.4.95. SMH

Again, No need for wasting time attacking me tiger. There is no debate here, there is a HUGE issue with Corsair's flagship fans (not to mention the most expensive). That.. is a FACT.

To be fair, you other gents should read the thread in its entirety.

From the start, I was genuinely trying to help a fellow corsair consumer, then was trolled by DB with very dismissive remarks with a SHARP sarcastic tone.

I didn't care for it BUT, as a fellow beta tester for Bluehole and Logitech, I've seen people's heads get big over they're believed "power" they have, ESPECIALLY if they think there funny.

But, when said Volunteer beta tester with a sarcastic and horrible attitude starts dismissing serious product defects while continuing his sarcasm...NOPE, not having that.

I get it, as I have received so many ridiculous PUBG complaints that I have to examine or recreate. No mater how silly they may be or repetitive, I take my duty serious as it is my word and what I signed up for and under no circumstances am I EVER dismissive, rude, or try to humiliate consumers.

DB is a classic example why Nerd Culture and Rep is continuing to get a bad name.

Archived